Man killed in car accident in Thaxted
A MAN has died following a car crash near Thaxted this morning (Wednesday).
Officers were called at 7.51am following reports of a collision at Bolford Street, Debden Green.
The vehicles involved were a car and a Range Rover.
The car driver, a man believed to be in his 50s, was pronounced dead at the scene.
The road is expected to remain closed for several hours while police carry out initial investigations into the crash.
You may also want to watch:
Officers from the Essex Police Serious Collision Investigation Unit have appealed for information from any witnesses who have not already spoken to police. They also want to hear from anyone with information about events leading to the collision
Anyone with information should contact the Serious Collision Investigation Unit or 101 or email email@example.com
- 1 Q&A: Former Uttlesford District Council leader Howard Rolfe
- 2 4 English Heritage events to enjoy at Audley End this summer
- 3 Person dies after being struck by train in Cambridge
- 4 In pictures: Saffron Walden's weekend of flooding
- 5 Hailstones 'the size of golf balls' batter gardens in Essex
- 6 Roman ceramics and ancient road discovered in big archaeological dig
- 7 Standon Calling called off after heavy rain and lightning risk
- 8 Updates after person hit by train near Cambridge
- 9 Revealed: UDC considers almost 300 possible new development sites
- 10 In pictures: Uttlesford pupils' fun before the summer holidays