Man killed in three-vehicle crash which has closed stretch of M11
- Credit: Archant
A man has died following a three-vehicle crash on the M11 near Saffron Walden.
The motorway was closed in both directions between Junction 8 (Stansted Airport) and Junction 9 (Saffron Walden) following the collision shortly after 1.30pm today (Friday).
It was re-opened at 7pm.
Police said the crash, which happened on the northbound carriageway near Ugley, involved a white VW Transport van, a black Ford Focus and a silver VW Golf.
One man was killed and three other people were injured and taken to hospital.
You may also want to watch:
A spokesman for the East of England Ambulance Service said an ambulance, a rapid response vehicle, air ambulance, two ambulance officers and a Hazardous Area Response Team Vehicle (HART) were dispatched to the incident.
He added: “Unfortunately despite the best efforts of emergency services one patient died at the scene.
- 1 In pictures: Success for Fête de la Musique 2021
- 2 Motion of no confidence - may be held behind closed doors
- 3 Why we refer to 'a pair' of knickers
- 4 In pictures: Medieval landmark Walden Castle is restored
- 5 Two teachers smash fundraising target in charity cycle challenge
- 6 Saturday recital to mark 200th anniversary of Thaxted organ
- 7 New outreach Post Office for community
- 8 This week's paper: Saffron Walden Reporter on June 24, 2021
- 9 Uttlesford businesses 'disappointed' with Freedom Day delay
- 10 Classical BRIT Award-winning Jess Gillam to play Saffron Hall
“Two other patients have been taken to Addenbrooke’s and one patient has been taken to Princess Alexandra Hospital for further care.”
Four fire crews, from Saffron Walden, Newport, Stansted and Linton were also called to the incident.