Man killed in three-vehicle crash which has closed stretch of M11
- Credit: Archant
A man has died following a three-vehicle crash on the M11 near Saffron Walden.
The motorway was closed in both directions between Junction 8 (Stansted Airport) and Junction 9 (Saffron Walden) following the collision shortly after 1.30pm today (Friday).
It was re-opened at 7pm.
Police said the crash, which happened on the northbound carriageway near Ugley, involved a white VW Transport van, a black Ford Focus and a silver VW Golf.
One man was killed and three other people were injured and taken to hospital.
You may also want to watch:
A spokesman for the East of England Ambulance Service said an ambulance, a rapid response vehicle, air ambulance, two ambulance officers and a Hazardous Area Response Team Vehicle (HART) were dispatched to the incident.
He added: “Unfortunately despite the best efforts of emergency services one patient died at the scene.
- 1 Flexi parking ticket rolled out for hybrid commuters
- 2 Hatfield Heath air disaster memorial 'a symbol of UK-US unity'
- 3 Festive Christmas markets to visit in Essex, 2021
- 4 Outdoor spaces help Uttlesford reclaim some normality
- 5 Saffron Walden actress Tamara Lee Smart to star as Marilyn Monroe for one night in rehearsed play reading
- 6 'Gastro-Glastonbury' Foodies Festival coming to Hylands Park in Chelmsford
- 7 Cash boost for plan to plant 350,000 trees in Essex
- 8 Villagers launch bid to raise £200,000 for 14th-century church paintings
- 9 West Essex villages fear becoming 'trapped' by road closures
- 10 Thaxted Gardening and Craft Show winners revealed
“Two other patients have been taken to Addenbrooke’s and one patient has been taken to Princess Alexandra Hospital for further care.”
Four fire crews, from Saffron Walden, Newport, Stansted and Linton were also called to the incident.