Man seriously injured in fall after scaffolding collapsed in Radwinter
- Credit: Archant
A man has been seriously injured after falling 12 feet when scaffolding collapsed underneath him.
The man, thought to be in his 60s, got back up after hitting the ground and went for a shower before collapsing minutes later.
Ambulance crews were called to Maple Lane in Radwinter just after 12.30pm today (Tuesday).
An ambulance, hazardous area response team and the East Anglian Air Ambulance were dispatched to the man’s aid.
Emergency Medical Technician Chris Cooper, who attended the incident, said: “The scaffolding gave way and the man hit some slate tiles before landing on the concrete below.
You may also want to watch:
“He was in a stable condition but suffered serious injuries to his chest and shoulder so was taken to Addenbrooke’s Hospital by land ambulance.”
- 1 Flexi parking ticket rolled out for hybrid commuters
- 2 Festive Christmas markets to visit in Essex, 2021
- 3 Hatfield Heath air disaster memorial 'a symbol of UK-US unity'
- 4 Outdoor spaces help Uttlesford reclaim some normality
- 5 'Gastro-Glastonbury' Foodies Festival coming to Hylands Park in Chelmsford
- 6 Saffron Walden actress Tamara Lee Smart to star as Marilyn Monroe for one night in rehearsed play reading
- 7 Villagers launch bid to raise £200,000 for 14th-century church paintings
- 8 Cash boost for plan to plant 350,000 trees in Essex
- 9 West Essex villages fear becoming 'trapped' by road closures
- 10 Robin Hood pantomime to celebrate Harlow Playhouse's 50th birthday this Christmas