Man suffers ‘serious fractures to his face’ after pub fight in Essex: Detectives launch witness appeal
- Credit: Archant
DETECTIVES investigating an assault at a pub in Toppesfield are appealing for further information from the public.
A 35-year-old man from the Halstead area has been arrested and bailed on suspicion of GBH until July 18.
The incident happened at the Green Man pub in Church Lane in the early hours of May 26. A fight broke out in a beer tent at the back of the pub involving a group of men.
A 39-year-old man from Halstead received serious fractures to his face and was detained in hospital overnight, but may require reconstructive surgery.
Ds Becky Young said: “Lots of people in the village are aware of this incident but I need any other witnesses who were there on the night and who haven’t spoken to police to get in touch urgently.”
You may also want to watch:
Anyone with information should call Braintree CID on 101 or via Crimestoppers on 0800 555 111.
- 1 Housing sites sought by Uttlesford District Council
- 2 Care home residents and staff receive Covid-19 vaccine
- 3 Town council backs new support club
- 4 Families take part in Gain the Miles challenge
- 5 Stop Stansted Expansion accused of leading council 'over the cliff'
- 6 Sam Smith to headline charity festival fundraising to fight food poverty
- 7 Two Covid swab kit sites open in Uttlesford
- 8 Laptops, iPads and Chromebooks being sent to let children learn remotely
- 9 Covid survival rates in Essex are among worst in country
- 10 Man dies in 'unexplained' house fire