Man suffers ‘serious fractures to his face’ after pub fight in Essex: Detectives launch witness appeal
- Credit: Archant
DETECTIVES investigating an assault at a pub in Toppesfield are appealing for further information from the public.
A 35-year-old man from the Halstead area has been arrested and bailed on suspicion of GBH until July 18.
The incident happened at the Green Man pub in Church Lane in the early hours of May 26. A fight broke out in a beer tent at the back of the pub involving a group of men.
A 39-year-old man from Halstead received serious fractures to his face and was detained in hospital overnight, but may require reconstructive surgery.
Ds Becky Young said: “Lots of people in the village are aware of this incident but I need any other witnesses who were there on the night and who haven’t spoken to police to get in touch urgently.”
You may also want to watch:
Anyone with information should call Braintree CID on 101 or via Crimestoppers on 0800 555 111.
- 1 Flexi parking ticket rolled out for hybrid commuters
- 2 Thaxted Gardening and Craft Show winners revealed
- 3 Saffron Walden actress Tamara Lee Smart to star as Marilyn Monroe for one night in rehearsed play reading
- 4 Hatfield Heath air disaster memorial 'a symbol of UK-US unity'
- 5 Festive Christmas markets to visit in Essex, 2021
- 6 Cash boost for plan to plant 350,000 trees in Essex
- 7 Saffron Striders take advantage of late summer warmth to stretch their legs far and wide
- 8 'Gastro-Glastonbury' Foodies Festival coming to Hylands Park in Chelmsford
- 9 'Do you enjoy singing and making new friends?' - Church holding taster session for its junior choir
- 10 'Don't replace our pub garden with housing', say Newport campaigners