Man suffers ‘serious fractures to his face’ after pub fight in Essex: Detectives launch witness appeal
- Credit: Archant
DETECTIVES investigating an assault at a pub in Toppesfield are appealing for further information from the public.
A 35-year-old man from the Halstead area has been arrested and bailed on suspicion of GBH until July 18.
The incident happened at the Green Man pub in Church Lane in the early hours of May 26. A fight broke out in a beer tent at the back of the pub involving a group of men.
A 39-year-old man from Halstead received serious fractures to his face and was detained in hospital overnight, but may require reconstructive surgery.
Ds Becky Young said: “Lots of people in the village are aware of this incident but I need any other witnesses who were there on the night and who haven’t spoken to police to get in touch urgently.”
Anyone with information should call Braintree CID on 101 or via Crimestoppers on 0800 555 111.
- 1 How Malcolm's work is having an impact in Uttlesford
- 2 Fears that Covid may cause Essex hospital staffing to get ‘very difficult’
- 3 Supermarkets issue urgent product recall after salmonella found in products
- 4 Vandals thought to have targeted around 30 vehicles in 'keying' spree
- 5 Teen arrested after alleged disturbance inside Saffron Walden Costcutter
- 6 School pictures: Maths workshops for parents and a museum visit
- 7 Delighted Walden photography winner unveils her new business
- 8 Cliff Parisi on Call the Midwife's 10th Christmas special
- 9 EastEnders' Adam Woodyatt and Laurie Brett reunited on stage in Looking Good Dead at Cambridge Arts Theatre
- 10 Fire crews tackle M11 car blaze