Man who threw bucket of water over blazing fuse box “lucky” to escape potentially lethal electric shock

FIREFIGHTERS are warning people not to throw water over any fire which involves electricity - it follows an incident in which a man threw a bucket of water over his blazing fuse box.

Crews from Thaxted and Saffron Walden were called to the scene in Magdalen Green, Thaxted, at 11.20am on Saturday (Feb 25).

Sub officer Steve Morris said: “The man got a minor shock, but he was lucky - this could have killed him.

“No one should ever throw water over a fire involving electricity. It is the perfect way to get a potentially lethal electric shock.”

The fire was out on arrival and crews called for the electricity board to come to the property and isolate the supply.


You may also want to watch:


Become a Supporter

This newspaper has been a central part of community life for many years. Our industry faces testing times, which is why we're asking for your support. Every contribution will help us continue to produce local journalism that makes a measurable difference to our community.

Become a Supporter