Manju Malhi coming to village cookery school
A CELEBRITY chef and best selling author is returning to the Just Cook Cookery School in Newport on Saturday to host a special day.
Referred to as ‘Britain’s answer to Madhur Jaffrey’, Manju Malhi has created a class focussing on recipes from her latest book, Classic Indian Recipes.
It will explore the differences between the various regional cuisines of India and the techniques that are common to all of them – for �199.
Tim Ryan from the school said: “On the day learn how to make Onion Pakoras and a Coriander Chutney, a South Indian Chicken Curry, Lemon Rice and a Chickpea with Spinach side plus home made Chapattis and an Apricot Nut Dessert.
“All you’ll need is a few bottles of Cobra in the fridge and a couple of friends round for a perfect evening.”
You may also want to watch:
To book visit the Just Cook website at just-cook.com. The school is based at The Maltings in Station Road.
- 1 Walden's new healthcare hub taking shape - as doctors surgery goes on market for £1.4m
- 2 Uttlesford's shops still suffer from low footfall, Google data shows
- 3 Dunmow and Stansted councillors not in new Essex County Council cabinet
- 4 Delight as books are donated to school's learning centre
- 5 New on-call firefighters have joined stations
- 6 Walden church open and taking part in Thy Kingdom Come
- 7 First day at school after beating Covid-19 while being treated for cancer
- 8 Saffron Walden shakeup in county council elections
- 9 Neighbourhood Plan Referendum results
- 10 Market Square event organisers "amazed" at popularity of dine-out event