Manju Malhi coming to village cookery school
A CELEBRITY chef and best selling author is returning to the Just Cook Cookery School in Newport on Saturday to host a special day.
Referred to as ‘Britain’s answer to Madhur Jaffrey’, Manju Malhi has created a class focussing on recipes from her latest book, Classic Indian Recipes.
It will explore the differences between the various regional cuisines of India and the techniques that are common to all of them – for �199.
Tim Ryan from the school said: “On the day learn how to make Onion Pakoras and a Coriander Chutney, a South Indian Chicken Curry, Lemon Rice and a Chickpea with Spinach side plus home made Chapattis and an Apricot Nut Dessert.
“All you’ll need is a few bottles of Cobra in the fridge and a couple of friends round for a perfect evening.”
You may also want to watch:
To book visit the Just Cook website at just-cook.com. The school is based at The Maltings in Station Road.
- 1 Anti flooding solutions being created for outside Newport
- 2 Two Covid swab kit sites open in Uttlesford
- 3 Widespread flooding leads to busiest day for Essex firefighters
- 4 Man dies in 'unexplained' house fire
- 5 Residents, the RAF and Stansted Airport react to sonic boom
- 6 Fire Service door to door visits after fatal fire
- 7 Stations benefit from funding
- 8 Campaign seeks free products in Uttlesford's public buildings
- 9 New book features illustrations of Bridge End Garden
- 10 Saffron Hall's Come Together project starts online this month