Manju Malhi coming to village cookery school
A CELEBRITY chef and best selling author is returning to the Just Cook Cookery School in Newport on Saturday to host a special day.
Referred to as ‘Britain’s answer to Madhur Jaffrey’, Manju Malhi has created a class focussing on recipes from her latest book, Classic Indian Recipes.
It will explore the differences between the various regional cuisines of India and the techniques that are common to all of them – for �199.
Tim Ryan from the school said: “On the day learn how to make Onion Pakoras and a Coriander Chutney, a South Indian Chicken Curry, Lemon Rice and a Chickpea with Spinach side plus home made Chapattis and an Apricot Nut Dessert.
“All you’ll need is a few bottles of Cobra in the fridge and a couple of friends round for a perfect evening.”
You may also want to watch:
To book visit the Just Cook website at just-cook.com. The school is based at The Maltings in Station Road.
- 1 Updates after person hit by train near Cambridge
- 2 Roman ceramics and ancient road discovered in big archaeological dig
- 3 Revealed: almost 300 possible new development sites are submitted
- 4 Person dies after being struck by train in Cambridge
- 5 In pictures: Uttlesford pupils' fun before the summer holidays
- 6 Hailstones 'the size of golf balls' batter gardens in Essex
- 7 7 of the prettiest villages in north-west Essex
- 8 Lamborghini v Ferrari at Petrolheadonism.Club's Supercar Sunday event at The Warren Estate in Essex
- 9 Residents hand water to stranded drivers after fatal M11 crash
- 10 In pictures: Saffron Walden Round Table's Big Day Out