Manuden prepares for scarecrow takeover
- Credit: Archant
After the success of the inaugural event last year, the second Manuden Scarecrow Trail will be held this weekend to raise money to help improve the children’s play area in the village.
This year’s theme is book characters and trail maps are available daily from 10am to 4pm at Manuden Village Community Centre throughout the three-day event which runs from Friday, April 8 to Sunday, April 10.
Prizes will be available to all who complete the trail to find all the scarecrows, and two lucky trail maps will win cash prizes.
There is also a cash prize for the best scarecrow, which last year was won by a group of Harry Potter-dressed mannequins.
Refreshments will be available at the village’s community centre, as well as a raffle, bouncy castle, and book stall.
The group of parents behind the event have so far raised nearly £50,000 of their £74,000 target through fundraising, donations and grants for the new play area in the village.
Last year’s event raised £1,350 and organisers are hopeful of raising more than £2,000 this time around.
- 1 Thaxted community in shock after fatal house fire
- 2 District Council leader John Lodge to step down next week
- 3 Keep your chimney clean warning after blaze in Ashdon
- 4 Former army major sentenced after pillion rider dies in motorcycle crash
- 5 Waitrose and Halfords recall items over health and safety concerns
- 6 MP Kemi Badenoch launches 'Buy One More Toy Appeal' for Christmas support
- 7 Walden has late night shopping and musicians
- 8 Community helps with tree planting at Lime Avenue, Saffron Walden
- 9 Villagers rally behind Elsenham Christmas Market
- 10 How to get tickets for Creamfields South Chelmsford 2022
More information can be found at www.facebook.com/tmstrail/.