Manuden prepares for scarecrow takeover
- Credit: Archant
After the success of the inaugural event last year, the second Manuden Scarecrow Trail will be held this weekend to raise money to help improve the children’s play area in the village.
This year’s theme is book characters and trail maps are available daily from 10am to 4pm at Manuden Village Community Centre throughout the three-day event which runs from Friday, April 8 to Sunday, April 10.
Prizes will be available to all who complete the trail to find all the scarecrows, and two lucky trail maps will win cash prizes.
There is also a cash prize for the best scarecrow, which last year was won by a group of Harry Potter-dressed mannequins.
Refreshments will be available at the village’s community centre, as well as a raffle, bouncy castle, and book stall.
You may also want to watch:
The group of parents behind the event have so far raised nearly £50,000 of their £74,000 target through fundraising, donations and grants for the new play area in the village.
Last year’s event raised £1,350 and organisers are hopeful of raising more than £2,000 this time around.
- 1 Two Covid swab kit sites open in Uttlesford
- 2 Anti flooding solutions being created for outside Newport
- 3 Fire Service door to door visits after fatal fire
- 4 Residents, the RAF and Stansted Airport react to sonic boom
- 5 Man dies in 'unexplained' house fire
- 6 Widespread flooding leads to busiest day for Essex firefighters
- 7 What it was like travelling abroad during Covid
- 8 Rape victim urges others to be brave and tell Essex Police
- 9 MasterChef winner Chef Webb's lockdown recipe
- 10 Saffron Hall's Come Together project starts online this month
More information can be found at www.facebook.com/tmstrail/.