Manuden prepares for scarecrow takeover
- Credit: Archant
After the success of the inaugural event last year, the second Manuden Scarecrow Trail will be held this weekend to raise money to help improve the children’s play area in the village.
This year’s theme is book characters and trail maps are available daily from 10am to 4pm at Manuden Village Community Centre throughout the three-day event which runs from Friday, April 8 to Sunday, April 10.
Prizes will be available to all who complete the trail to find all the scarecrows, and two lucky trail maps will win cash prizes.
There is also a cash prize for the best scarecrow, which last year was won by a group of Harry Potter-dressed mannequins.
Refreshments will be available at the village’s community centre, as well as a raffle, bouncy castle, and book stall.
The group of parents behind the event have so far raised nearly £50,000 of their £74,000 target through fundraising, donations and grants for the new play area in the village.
Last year’s event raised £1,350 and organisers are hopeful of raising more than £2,000 this time around.
- 1 Pictures: Hundreds take part in Saffron Walden Jubilee walk
- 2 A giant snail, sporting success and live music: school news
- 3 Free lunch, free fun and circus for Queen's Platinum Jubilee
- 4 Musical theatre stars to bring the West End to Saffron Walden in celebration of Rodgers & Hammerstein
- 5 The Railway Arms is North West Essex CAMRA Pub of the Year
- 6 Nearly 100 homes planned for former Friends' School
- 7 How the proposed energy price cap changes could affect your bills
- 8 Debbie Bland Foundation launched in memory of kind mum
- 9 Hidden secrets, free medals, live jazz for Platinum Jubilee
- 10 Life-saving kit that residents hope they will never use
More information can be found at www.facebook.com/tmstrail/.