Mapping history at Saffron Walden Museum
CHILDREN, mums, dads and grandparents all enjoyed making maps at Saffron Walden Museum last Wednesday. Maureen Evans, from the museum, said: It was wonderful day and we had more than 100 people turn up to the two activities. The children all enjoyed bei
CHILDREN, mums, dads and grandparents all enjoyed making maps at Saffron Walden Museum last Wednesday.
Maureen Evans, from the museum, said: "It was wonderful day and we had more than 100 people turn up to the two activities. The children all enjoyed being explorers, collecting things from around the world and being creative."
Saffron Walden Museum's exhibition Origins of the Museum Collections ends on August 31.
The exhibition has a special hands-on activity area where you can use your senses to investigate objects - touch, smell, see and hear.
Visitors can also explore the museum using a Natural History Museum Explorer Suitcase. The suitcases are designed to be used by families or groups of visitors and contain activities to help you spot animals, fossils, rocks and minerals around the museum.
The museum on Museum Street is open Monday to Saturday from 10am to 5pm and on Sundays and Bank Holidays from 2pm to 5pm.
- 1 Arsonist firebombed GP surgery after doctors refused to give him heroin
- 2 e-comics and creative writing help from Essex libraries
- 3 Free lunch, free fun and circus for Queen's Platinum Jubilee
- 4 Tesco recalls pastry product over risks to people with nut allergies
- 5 Hidden secrets, free medals, live jazz for Platinum Jubilee
- 6 Sue Gray report finds lockdown party behaviour was 'unacceptable'
- 7 Saffron Walden girls enjoy first festival outing
- 8 'Cat bite could have killed me': Many operations for rescuer
- 9 Police find body in search for missing 71-year-old Raymond
- 10 Red, white and blue: Royal theme for Saffron Walden windows
Admission is �1.50 for adults, 75p for concessions and children enter for free. Season tickets cost �5/�2.50
For further information please the museum on 01799 510333.