Martial Arts and self defence classes come to Saffron Walden
New evening classes in self defence and martial arts will be arriving in Saffron Walden next week.
Kennedy Herring will be launching the classes in his home town after training in Cambridge for six years. His love of Martial Arts has led him to focus on two disciplines – Escrima Concepts and Practical Wing Chun. The classes for men and woman, aged 18 and above.
He hopes to inspire his passion and enthusiasm as well as teach self defence.
Each art can be learnt separately or together, and Mr Herring explains: “What I love about the martial arts I train and teach is that emphasis is not about size and strength, they’re tactile and tactical, it’s problem solving.
“They’re about having the sensitivity to know when you can’t win with strength, you have to find an alternative solution.”
Mr Herring, who hopes to start children’s classes in the discipline at some point in the near future, added: “Come along and have a go, the first session is free. They really are great for self defence because anyone can do it.”
Classes will be held at Saffron Walden Town Hall on Monday evenings, starting on January 20 (Practical Wing Chun 7-8pm; Escrima Concepts 8-9pm).
- 1 Free lunch, free fun and circus for Queen's Platinum Jubilee
- 2 Hidden secrets, free medals, live jazz for Platinum Jubilee
- 3 Musical theatre stars to bring the West End to Saffron Walden in celebration of Rodgers & Hammerstein
- 4 The Railway Arms is North West Essex CAMRA Pub of the Year
- 5 Nearly 100 homes planned for former Friends' School
- 6 Drugs, cash and handguns seized in Essex
- 7 'Cat bite could have killed me': Many operations for rescuer
- 8 Debbie Bland Foundation launched in memory of kind mum
- 9 Thaxted care home will light up to raise awareness of rare disorder
- 10 Life-saving kit that residents hope they will never use
For more information, visit uctessex.co.uk, e-mail email@example.com, or call 07980 254 159.