Martial Arts and self defence classes come to Saffron Walden
New evening classes in self defence and martial arts will be arriving in Saffron Walden next week.
Kennedy Herring will be launching the classes in his home town after training in Cambridge for six years. His love of Martial Arts has led him to focus on two disciplines – Escrima Concepts and Practical Wing Chun. The classes for men and woman, aged 18 and above.
He hopes to inspire his passion and enthusiasm as well as teach self defence.
Each art can be learnt separately or together, and Mr Herring explains: “What I love about the martial arts I train and teach is that emphasis is not about size and strength, they’re tactile and tactical, it’s problem solving.
“They’re about having the sensitivity to know when you can’t win with strength, you have to find an alternative solution.”
You may also want to watch:
Mr Herring, who hopes to start children’s classes in the discipline at some point in the near future, added: “Come along and have a go, the first session is free. They really are great for self defence because anyone can do it.”
Classes will be held at Saffron Walden Town Hall on Monday evenings, starting on January 20 (Practical Wing Chun 7-8pm; Escrima Concepts 8-9pm).
- 1 The number of Indian variant Covid cases in Uttlesford
- 2 Tools collection is a huge success
- 3 Saffron Walden young triathletes dominate at national qualifier
- 4 District heroes named in Queen's Birthday Honours list
- 5 Bronze Age and Roman treasures go on display at museum
- 6 Revealed: images of new hospital that aims to be carbon neutral
- 7 Village leader awarded BEM for community centre build and more
- 8 Hotel on Duxford IWM site given go-ahead after council re-vote
- 9 Fête de la Musique returns to Walden - with nine music venues
- 10 Ibiza legend Dave Pearce and Clockwork Orange Andy Manston at garden party
For more information, visit uctessex.co.uk, e-mail email@example.com, or call 07980 254 159.