MasterChef finalist hosting Essex charity dinner
- Credit: Archant
MasterChef finalist Saira Hamilton is hosting a pop-up restaurant to raise funds for St Clare Hospice.
The Midsummer with Saira event will be held on Friday, June 17, at Manuden Village Hall with Bengali-inspired cuisine prepared by the finalist in the BBC One series in 2013.
Saira, who grew up in Harlow and has lived in Sawbridgeworth for five years, is a keen supporter of the hospice that cares for cancer sufferers and their families across West Essex and the East Hertfordshire border.
She said: “St Clare gives such amazing care to people and their loved ones when they are going through one of life’s hardest journeys. The staff provide incredible care to each and every person who comes through their doors. St Clare is such a happy and uplifting place – we are just so lucky to have this facility on our doorstep, and for the care to be free of charge whenever we may need it.
“I am privileged to be able to support St Clare in any way I can. I hope the midsummer pop-up restaurant will be a success and am excited to share my food with my community. I have also chosen to support St Clare Hospice as my charity of the year and will be holding more events in 2016.”
St Clare community fundraiser Sue Fishpool added: “We are so excited that Saira is hosting this exclusive event for us. It’s not every day you get the opportunity to eat a meal cooked by a MasterChef finalist.
“Saira is a fantastic supporter of St Clare and we are delighted she has chosen to fundraise for us throughout the year.”
- 1 4 inspirational women are celebrated in Newport
- 2 Home county tenant exodus drives up London rents
- 3 Met Office weather: Yellow storm and flood warning for East of England
- 4 Hands-on archaeology, beacons and picnics: Platinum Jubilee
- 5 Obituary: On-call firefighter dedicated life to community
- 6 Iceland offers over 60s discount on shopping bill every week
- 7 Free lunch, free fun and circus for Queen's Platinum Jubilee
- 8 Voting together: Lib Dems and Greens join forces
- 9 Silent auction, live music, collection: Ukraine support
- 10 Queen, Alicia Keys and Diana Ross to star in BBC's Platinum Jubilee Party
The event costs £35 per person, which includes a welcome drink, three-course meal and live entertainment from Chris Lord and her Blues Express. A cash bar will be available and there will also be a prize raffle.
Tickets are available now at http://stclarehospice.org.uk/event/midsummer-with-saira/. For more information contact Sue Fishpool on 07718 257725 or email her at firstname.lastname@example.org.