Masterchef semi-finalist cooks up £350 for St Clare Hospice
- Credit: Archant
SAIRA Hamilton was the guest of honour at a fundraising lunch for St Clare Hospice last week and happily shared her stories of the TV programme, cooking and her plans for the future.
Held at the Lower Street Brasserie in Stansted, Saira spoke of her business plans to hold cookery demonstrations and dinner parties in people’s homes, as well as write a simple and easy-to-follow cookbook.
She said: “Asian cookery books are so complicated, with so many ingredients listed and it doesn’t have to be like that. My mother never possessed a cookery book, she followed a few basic rules and that’s what I want to share with people.”
Mother-of-two Saira added that she supported the work of St Clare Hospice, particularly the Hospice’s plans to extend its community service of providing end-of-life care to patients in their own homes and supporting families.
She said: “Home is so important to me and the people around me. A neighbour of mine once said that food didn’t taste the same now that her husband had died. You can show love through your food, but keep it simple: like life and love it doesn’t have to be complicated!”
Around 40 women enjoyed the lunch, organised by St Clare supporters the Scarlet Foundation, with the £350 proceeds boosted by a raffle.
Uttlesford community fundraiser Sarah Calder said: “We were delighted that Saira joined us and everyone - including one of her former teachers at Herts & Essex High School - loved talking to her about Masterchef and what she was planning to do next.
- 1 Tea party celebrates Saffron Walden Museum volunteers
- 2 Debden man fundraising for Mind with 480km walk
- 3 Uttlesford Local Plan delay 'necessary' say councillors
- 4 Teen arrested for 'terrorism offences' at Stansted Airport
- 5 Dane's 10 day walk home with only a backpack
- 6 Junior Fencer from Saffron Walden wins silver at England Championship
- 7 The Railway Arms awarded CAMRA county pub of the year
- 8 Saffron Walden draw positives at Witham
- 9 Can you complete the Census 2021 map game?
- 10 How well do you know the Gibson Library?
“Thanks to Lower Street Brasserie for hosting us but also Hilton & Moss for allowing our ladies to park in their car park at the last minute.”