Match day sponsors needed ahead of Saffron Walden Town’s big promotion push
MATCH day sponsors are being sought as excitement grows ahead of The Bloods’ big promotion push this coming season.
Officials at Saffron Walden Town Football Club are keen to boost advertising and sponsorship revenue by encouraging businesses to team up with the community club.
Vice chairman Martin Johnson told the Reporter opportunities included match ball and match day sponsors, advertising in the programme and much more.
He said: “Sponsorship and advertising is a really important source of revenue for the football club and we have been making a big push these last few weeks to encourage businesses to join forces with us.
“We’d love for people to get behind the club by sponsoring a player, mascot or have a pitchside banner, a
You may also want to watch:
“Holroyd are our main sponsors and we are incredibly grateful for their support but we are looking for other businesses to come on board for the coming season.”
There will also be the opportunity for companies to pay a fee to enjoy up to 10 free tickets alongside catering in the club’s VIP suite at its Catons Lane ground on match day.
- 1 Tools collection is a huge success
- 2 Revealed: images of new hospital that aims to be carbon neutral
- 3 Hotel on Duxford IWM site given go-ahead after council re-vote
- 4 A Big Deal for Fairycroft House as comedy club makes comeback
- 5 Ibiza legend Dave Pearce and Clockwork Orange Andy Manston at garden party
- 6 Fête de la Musique returns to Walden - with nine music venues
- 7 Motorcyclist in hospital after Broxted collision
- 8 Saffron Walden constituency could change shape in boundary review
- 9 New development plan for former Friends' School
- 10 Fire Service: Pride is a chance to show kindness
Anyone interested in sponsoring The Bloods should call committee member Ken Vincent on 07411 967216 or e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org
• Another scheme the club is running is a loyalty voucher in tandem with The Barbershop Co. on King Street. The company has agreed to donate £5 to Saffron Walden Town FC on the completion of each voucher, which requires five stamps for each haircut.
Mr Johnson added: “This is a win win between a business, the community and the club. We’d like anyone with similar ideas to contact us as sponsorship and advertising is just another aspect we want to progress. We want to earn promotion, we want to improve the youth set-up and the ground and we want to push this as a source of revenue.”