Match day sponsors needed ahead of Saffron Walden Town’s big promotion push
MATCH day sponsors are being sought as excitement grows ahead of The Bloods’ big promotion push this coming season.
Officials at Saffron Walden Town Football Club are keen to boost advertising and sponsorship revenue by encouraging businesses to team up with the community club.
Vice chairman Martin Johnson told the Reporter opportunities included match ball and match day sponsors, advertising in the programme and much more.
He said: “Sponsorship and advertising is a really important source of revenue for the football club and we have been making a big push these last few weeks to encourage businesses to join forces with us.
“We’d love for people to get behind the club by sponsoring a player, mascot or have a pitchside banner, a
“Holroyd are our main sponsors and we are incredibly grateful for their support but we are looking for other businesses to come on board for the coming season.”
There will also be the opportunity for companies to pay a fee to enjoy up to 10 free tickets alongside catering in the club’s VIP suite at its Catons Lane ground on match day.
- 1 Driver shortage leaves Walden pupil without school transport
- 2 Suspected crowbar assault leaves Stansted driver with serious injuries
- 3 Sir Tom Jones to play Heritage Live concert at Audley End House & Gardens in Saffron Walden
- 4 Solar farm planning application near Thaxted
- 5 Data reveals distracted drivers repeatedly caught in Essex
- 6 Plans for 18 houses in Countryside Protection Zone near Stansted Airport
- 7 Police appeals into two Uttlesford incidents
- 8 Essex: More Electric Vehicles needed to meet goals
- 9 Saffron Walden youngsters show grit in defeat to Wymondham
- 10 easyJet: 'We don't have plans for more routes from Stansted'
Anyone interested in sponsoring The Bloods should call committee member Ken Vincent on 07411 967216 or e-mail email@example.com
• Another scheme the club is running is a loyalty voucher in tandem with The Barbershop Co. on King Street. The company has agreed to donate £5 to Saffron Walden Town FC on the completion of each voucher, which requires five stamps for each haircut.
Mr Johnson added: “This is a win win between a business, the community and the club. We’d like anyone with similar ideas to contact us as sponsorship and advertising is just another aspect we want to progress. We want to earn promotion, we want to improve the youth set-up and the ground and we want to push this as a source of revenue.”