Mayor lends support to Saffron Walden business fair
- Credit: Archant
There are only three weeks left until the first business fair in Saffron Walden.
Businesses are signing up to take part in the two-day SWXPO in the town hall on Friday and Saturday, February 12-13.
Saffron Walden BNI is organising the event, which is being supported by the Saffron Walden Reporter, and is designed to promote the town’s businesses to both businesses and consumers.
The exhibition is also being supported by Uttlesford District and Saffron Walden Town councils.
Mayor Councillor Heather Asker has also lent her support to the event. She told the Reporter: “I am looking forward to the event. I believe it is a very positive move for our town and a good way to get people networking, especially as the expo is supporting independent businesses. It is a good backbone to support each other.
“There’s a lot to be gained from this sort of event in how companies and businesses can interact with each other while being able to expand their own business network.”
Alan Caldwell, chairman of the town’s BNI, added: “This business fair is a great chance for firms in town to discover new companies, new contacts and generate business.
- 1 Post Office: change of location in Newport
- 2 Uttlesford new development could be triple the size of one refused
- 3 Met Office weather: Yellow thunderstorm warning for East of England
- 4 A505 long delays between Royston and M11 motorway at Duxford
- 5 "You could hear a pin drop": Author's reading in bookstore
- 6 Suspense thriller is author's fourth novel
- 7 Microsoft's Outlook email service hit by outage
- 8 Saffron Walden maze is refurbished
- 9 A scorching summer: The Heatwave of 1976 in 25 photos
- 10 Dane's 10 day walk home with only a backpack
“It also gives firms a chance to showcase what they can offer, not only to other businesses, but to consumers as well.”
As well as businesses from the BNI networking group, other firms in town will be taking part in SWXPO, which is hoped to become an annual event.
There will also be a food hall provided by Gog Magog Farm Shop to entice residents into the fair to find out more about businesses in the town.
INFORMATION: To book a stand, which is £100 per day, email email@example.com.