Mayor’s Walk around Saffron Walden to be held on Bank Holiday Sunday (May 29)
THE Mayor’s Walk is taking place around the edges of Saffron Walden on Bank Holiday Sunday (May 29).
Walden in Transition has joined forces with Saffron Walden and District Footpaths Association to organise the walk, which starts from Lord Butler Leisure Centre at 10am.
The walk, open to the general public, will be launched by Saffron Walden mayor Cliff Treadwell.
The route uses public footpaths as well as some private land especially opened for this event. No costs are involved - only your own refreshments.
The walk will be in two parts. In the morning it will be a 4.5 mile route from the leisure centre around to the Eight Bells where there will be a stop for refreshment. This should be round about 12.30pm.
You may also want to watch:
In the afternoon the walk will leave the Eight Bells at 2pm and via a different 3.5 mile route, return to the leisure centre by about 4pm.
People may walk either one part or do both. Children are welcome but the route is unsuitable for pushchairs. If dogs are brought, they must be under control and leashed when leaders request.
- 1 Anti flooding solutions being created for outside Newport
- 2 Two Covid swab kit sites open in Uttlesford
- 3 Widespread flooding leads to busiest day for Essex firefighters
- 4 Man dies in 'unexplained' house fire
- 5 Residents, the RAF and Stansted Airport react to sonic boom
- 6 Fire Service door to door visits after fatal fire
- 7 Stations benefit from funding
- 8 Campaign seeks free products in Uttlesford's public buildings
- 9 New book features illustrations of Bridge End Garden
- 10 Saffron Hall's Come Together project starts online this month
For further details, contact either George Turner on 01799 524206 or Jean Schofield on 01799 523231.