Maze festival organisers need volunteers to find their way
HEROES are wanted to support the first-ever Maze Festival for Saffron Walden.
Plans are well underway for an exciting and event-packed festival in from August 20 to 28. In order to get everything ready in time, the festival committee is putting the call out for enthusiastic helpers and volunteers.
Fit young men to play the role of the Greek hero Theseus and the villain Minotaur are urgently wanted for the walking float as part of the Carnival parade on Saturday July 2.
No acting skills are required, just a readiness to dress up and join in the fun. Candidates must be aged over 18 and available for the carnival procession in July and/or on both festival weekends
In addition, in preparation for the Maze Festival, a number of temporary mazes will be set up around town. The help of practical, design conscious volunteers to assist with the construction is needed. Assistance will be required towards the end of July and in the week before the festival begins.
You may also want to watch:
Finally, with the festival underway from August 20, volunteers will be needed to set up and steward events, both at weekends and during the week.
The Maze Festival will celebrate Saffron Walden’s unique maze culture and promises to be entertaining for all. If you would like to be involved contact Ginny Eley at email@example.com or call 01799 523477. Visit saffronwaldenmazefestival.co.uk for more details.
- 1 Application refused for 100 homes on former Friends School site
- 2 New Market Row deli will inspire community spirit, says mayor
- 3 New pub opens: 'We had almost the whole village, and the one nearby'
- 4 Back to the drawing board for Radwinter Road retirement homes
- 5 Houses in pub garden refused on appeal but similar application pending
- 6 Boy George and Culture Club announce Audley End concert
- 7 Revealed: Essex hospital treatment waiting time data
- 8 Firefighters rescue woman after town centre collision
- 9 Several trees cut down without permission from Saffron Walden garden
- 10 Stansted author to release second novel