MBE for infection prevention and control doctor
- Credit: Princess Alexandra Hospital NHS Trust
A consultant microbiologist and director of infection prevention and control at the Princess Alexandra Hospital NHS Trust has been made an MBE in the New Year’s Honours list.
Dr Shico Visuvanathan has been recognised for services to microbiology, infection prevention and control, particularly during the Covid-19 response.
She has worked at PAHT as a consultant microbiologist since 1994 and became the first director of infection prevention and control at the hospital in 2003.
Prior to her career at PAHT, Dr Visuvanathan studied medicine at the Middlesex Hospital Medical School, London which is now part of University College London.
Dr Visuvanathan said: “I am humbled and very proud to be awarded an MBE.
You may also want to watch:
“It is a reflection of the wonderful infection prevention and control team and microbiology team I work with and the hard work put in by clinical colleagues and trust senior management alike during this pandemic."
- 1 Creamfields announces new electronic music festival for Chelmsford, Essex, in 2022
- 2 Essex village celebrates 1,000 years of memories with new archive
- 3 Spurs partnership with Walden clubs is a first in UK
- 4 Venue change for Ibiza Anthems Garden Party to Saffron Walden
- 5 This week's paper: Saffron Walden Reporter on July 29, 2021
- 6 £7.5 million cash package sought for new A120 business park
- 7 In pictures: Saffron Walden's weekend of flooding
- 8 Hailstones 'the size of golf balls' batter gardens in Essex
- 9 Updates after person hit by train near Cambridge
- 10 In pictures: Classic cars rally to celebrate the Royal British Legion at 100