Meet the people who save lives: Emergency Services Day to be held at Saffron Walden Fire Station
- Credit: Archant
Fire engines, ambulances and police cars will all be making an appearance at an Emergency Services Day at Saffron Walden Fire Station on Saturday, June 27.
Visitors will have a chance to chat with staff, climb aboard emergency vehicles and learn about health and safety in the community.
Chris Cooper, an emergency medical technician who is organising the event, said: “I’m very excited about this event going ahead as something like this has not been done solely about the three emergency services in the area for a long time.
“I hope that this unusual type of event will draw people to the town to come and have an amazing time meeting some of the local emergency service personnel that are there when they need them most.”
Admission is free but members of the public will be asked to make a donation in aid of St Elizabeth’s Hospice in Ipswich in memory of Mr Cooper’s wife’s late mother.
His previous fundraisers have included a tandem sky dive and he will be taking part in a sponsored bike ride from London to Paris.
The fire service is hoping to have a road traffic collision simulator at the event to allow all ages to get hands on.
- 1 Toaster joy: Radwinter Repair Cafe to the rescue
- 2 The Silver Wolf, highest Scouting honour, for Neville Wilson
- 3 4 inspirational women are celebrated in Newport
- 4 Hands-on archaeology, beacons and picnics: Platinum Jubilee
- 5 Obituary: On-call firefighter dedicated life to community
- 6 Cambridge: Police officer had surgery after sex offender drove car at them
- 7 Can you answer these 10 GCSE questions designed for 16-year-olds?
- 8 Home county tenant exodus drives up London rents
- 9 Free lunch, free fun and circus for Queen's Platinum Jubilee
- 10 Silent auction, live music, collection: Ukraine support
Paul Cutris, Saffron Walden Fire Station manager, said: “It will be nice to have all of the emergency services together because we don’t get to do it very often. We are all looking forward to it.”
The public will also be able to speak to members of Essex Air Ambulance who will be attending the event.
The event will take place from 10am-4pm at Saffron Walden Fire Station on Hill Street.