Meet the people who save lives: Emergency Services Day to be held at Saffron Walden Fire Station
- Credit: Archant
Fire engines, ambulances and police cars will all be making an appearance at an Emergency Services Day at Saffron Walden Fire Station on Saturday, June 27.
Visitors will have a chance to chat with staff, climb aboard emergency vehicles and learn about health and safety in the community.
Chris Cooper, an emergency medical technician who is organising the event, said: “I’m very excited about this event going ahead as something like this has not been done solely about the three emergency services in the area for a long time.
“I hope that this unusual type of event will draw people to the town to come and have an amazing time meeting some of the local emergency service personnel that are there when they need them most.”
Admission is free but members of the public will be asked to make a donation in aid of St Elizabeth’s Hospice in Ipswich in memory of Mr Cooper’s wife’s late mother.
You may also want to watch:
His previous fundraisers have included a tandem sky dive and he will be taking part in a sponsored bike ride from London to Paris.
The fire service is hoping to have a road traffic collision simulator at the event to allow all ages to get hands on.
- 1 New M11 junction hits 'major milestone'
- 2 Walden Wombles hold their first litter pick
- 3 Draft plans for 49 new Thaxted homes unveiled
- 4 Caught on camera: Motorcyclist feared for life in near-miss
- 5 Linton pupils join 362,000-strong school choir
- 6 The number of Indian variant Covid cases in Uttlesford
- 7 New interim chief executive for district council
- 8 Saffron Walden young triathletes dominate at national qualifier
- 9 Things to do in June - from open gardens to live music and dancing
- 10 Mental health trust fined following 11 deaths
Paul Cutris, Saffron Walden Fire Station manager, said: “It will be nice to have all of the emergency services together because we don’t get to do it very often. We are all looking forward to it.”
The public will also be able to speak to members of Essex Air Ambulance who will be attending the event.
The event will take place from 10am-4pm at Saffron Walden Fire Station on Hill Street.