Miss World and Miss England finalists launch fundraising events
FOUR beauty pageant finalists launched the White Tie and Diamonds Ball this week.
The event will be raising money for the official Miss England and Miss World charity “Beauty with a Purpose” which supports disadvantaged children across the world.
At the launch Terry Holloway, Deputy Chairman of Cambridge Airport, presented a voucher for a flight over Cambridge which will be one of the prizes at the ball which is being held at the Polo Club, Newmarket on Saturday October 20.
Mr Holloway said: “Cambridge Airport and Marshall of Cambridge are delighted to be providing support to this White Tie and Diamonds Ball which has the potential of raising an enormous amount of money for disadvantaged children.
“It is marvellous that the Miss England and Miss World competition organisers have set themselves this huge charitable challenge and we will also be delighted to welcome some of the regional finalists to the Airport.”
You may also want to watch:
Mr Holloway presented a voucher to Claire Chapman of the Highfield Group, the organisers of the Ball, in front of one of the training aircraft of the Cambridge Aero Club. The prize being offered will provide an opportunity to fly in this aeroplane.
Claire Chapman added: “It has always been a personal ambition of mine to host a ball which not only supports and raises awareness of a fantastic charity, but also gives other young adults in the region an opportunity to kick-start their own careers.”
- 1 Walden's new healthcare hub taking shape - as doctors surgery goes on market for £1.4m
- 2 Uttlesford District Council chief executive is stepping down
- 3 The Stansted couple on an #HDHike for Huntington's disease
- 4 First day at school after beating Covid-19 while being treated for cancer
- 5 First business to sponsor Walden's Dance in the Square 2021
- 6 Dunmow and Stansted councillors not in new Essex County Council cabinet
- 7 BID hears that shopping locally in Covid pandemic has helped Walden
- 8 Neighbourhood Plan Referendum results
- 9 Former Mayor looking forward to lockdown easing
- 10 Saffron Walden shakeup in county council elections