Mobile sight loss information service to roll into Saffron Walden
THE latest equipment and specialist advice for blind and partially sighted people will be driving into Saffron Walden on Tuesday November 10. The mobile Sight Loss Information Service, run by charity Action For Blind People, will be on King Street betwee
THE latest equipment and specialist advice for blind and partially sighted people will be driving into Saffron Walden on Tuesday November 10.
The mobile Sight Loss Information Service, run by charity Action For Blind People, will be on King Street between 10am and 4pm.
Staffed by a friendly and knowledgeable team, the mobile carries the latest technology and gadgets to improve daily life. From vibrating bank note detectors to talking microwaves and tin lids, staff on the unit offer impartial, practical advice and support.
Action for Blind People's Rachel Gibson said: "Everybody is welcome to come along to visit us on the mobile. Whether you are visually impaired or know somebody who may be having problems with their sight, please pay us a visit and pick up information or ask us questions. Visitors can try out a wide range of daily living aids or the latest computer and magnification technology."
You may also want to watch:
For more information call the charity's hotline on 0800 915 4666.
- 1 Uttlesford faces 'house building assault', says leader
- 2 Town council welcomes Affinity Water U-turn as supplier announces surcharge
- 3 Essex's Ben Maher takes Tokyo 2020 gold
- 4 Venue change for Ibiza Anthems Garden Party to Saffron Walden
- 5 Ipswich man to face trial for Braintree car theft and Cheshunt rail incident
- 6 Creamfields announces new electronic music festival for Chelmsford, Essex, in 2022
- 7 Saffron Walden Town off to winning start with victory at Sawbridgeworth
- 8 In pictures: Fun raises community support cash
- 9 How one business is encouraging pet owners to go plastic free
- 10 WaldenTRI come together to produce a strong showing at Bedford Team Relays