Mobile sight loss information service to roll into Saffron Walden
THE latest equipment and specialist advice for blind and partially sighted people will be driving into Saffron Walden on Tuesday November 10. The mobile Sight Loss Information Service, run by charity Action For Blind People, will be on King Street betwee
THE latest equipment and specialist advice for blind and partially sighted people will be driving into Saffron Walden on Tuesday November 10.
The mobile Sight Loss Information Service, run by charity Action For Blind People, will be on King Street between 10am and 4pm.
Staffed by a friendly and knowledgeable team, the mobile carries the latest technology and gadgets to improve daily life. From vibrating bank note detectors to talking microwaves and tin lids, staff on the unit offer impartial, practical advice and support.
Action for Blind People's Rachel Gibson said: "Everybody is welcome to come along to visit us on the mobile. Whether you are visually impaired or know somebody who may be having problems with their sight, please pay us a visit and pick up information or ask us questions. Visitors can try out a wide range of daily living aids or the latest computer and magnification technology."
You may also want to watch:
For more information call the charity's hotline on 0800 915 4666.
- 1 Walden pub reopens after four years
- 2 Affinity Water: No compensation for customers in water softening row
- 3 New Market Row deli will inspire community spirit, says mayor
- 4 Audley End Miniature Railway celebrates a lockdown easing sellout
- 5 Bar staff smash £1,000 target in charity challenge
- 6 Boy George and Culture Club announce Audley End concert
- 7 Application refused for 100 homes on former Friends School site
- 8 New pub opens: 'We had almost the whole village, and the one nearby'
- 9 Houses in pub garden refused on appeal but similar application pending
- 10 Town council challenges water softening decision