MOD documents reveal UFO activity across Essex
THE latest batch of UFO documents to be released has revealed extra-terrestrial activity across Essex. The Ministry of Defence UFO files made available by the National Archive today (Monday August 17) record two incidents countywide. On Wednesday November
THE latest batch of UFO documents to be released has revealed extra-terrestrial activity across Essex.
The Ministry of Defence UFO files made available by the National Archive today (Monday August 17) record two incidents countywide.
On Wednesday November 15, 1995, one witness reported to Braintree Police Station that they had seen "one enormous flat oval-shaped object" over Hatfield Peveral.
The report also said the object had "no lights or markings other than an extreme bright light which shone to the ground" and that it made a "pulsating/vibrating noise but not that of a jet engine".
The witness was reported to be "petrified" by what they had seen and refused to return to the site of the incident.
A similar sighting was reported in Clacton-on-Sea on November 28, 1994, when a witness saw a UFO which was "triangular in shape and of very large size". The vessel was silent, but had "two large, bright white lights" and was surrounded by "pulsating red lights". The UFO was reportedly travelling in the direction of Colchester.
- 1 Uttlesford Local Plan delay 'necessary' say councillors
- 2 Debden man fundraising for Mind with 480km walk
- 3 Teen arrested for 'terrorism offences' at Stansted Airport
- 4 Wenden Junior Cricket Club embrace new cricket season
- 5 Tea party celebrates Saffron Walden Museum volunteers
- 6 Uttlesford new development could be triple the size of one refused
- 7 Stansted Airport and Cambridge trains disrupted after tree falls on tracks
- 8 The Railway Arms awarded CAMRA county pub of the year
- 9 Essex Eagles hit Glamorgan hard in Vitality Blast best
- 10 Barclays closing branches in Saffron Walden and Great Dunmow
For more information about reported UFO sightings visit http://ufos.nationalarchives.gov.uk/