MOD documents reveal UFO activity across Essex
THE latest batch of UFO documents to be released has revealed extra-terrestrial activity across Essex. The Ministry of Defence UFO files made available by the National Archive today (Monday August 17) record two incidents countywide. On Wednesday November
THE latest batch of UFO documents to be released has revealed extra-terrestrial activity across Essex.
The Ministry of Defence UFO files made available by the National Archive today (Monday August 17) record two incidents countywide.
On Wednesday November 15, 1995, one witness reported to Braintree Police Station that they had seen "one enormous flat oval-shaped object" over Hatfield Peveral.
The report also said the object had "no lights or markings other than an extreme bright light which shone to the ground" and that it made a "pulsating/vibrating noise but not that of a jet engine".
You may also want to watch:
The witness was reported to be "petrified" by what they had seen and refused to return to the site of the incident.
A similar sighting was reported in Clacton-on-Sea on November 28, 1994, when a witness saw a UFO which was "triangular in shape and of very large size". The vessel was silent, but had "two large, bright white lights" and was surrounded by "pulsating red lights". The UFO was reportedly travelling in the direction of Colchester.
- 1 Essex village celebrates 1,000 years of memories with new archive
- 2 Venue change for Ibiza Anthems Garden Party to Saffron Walden
- 3 Cows rescued after A120 collision
- 4 In pictures: Saffron Walden's weekend of flooding
- 5 Spurs partnership with Walden clubs is a first in UK
- 6 In pictures: Classic cars rally to celebrate the Royal British Legion at 100
- 7 Updates after person hit by train near Cambridge
- 8 In pictures: Uttlesford pupils' fun before the summer holidays
- 9 Stansted Airport's summer getaway flight figures
- 10 Hailstones 'the size of golf balls' batter gardens in Essex
For more information about reported UFO sightings visit http://ufos.nationalarchives.gov.uk/