Caught on camera: Motorcyclist feared for life in near-miss
- Credit: David Fields
Video footage shows the moment a driver almost collided with a motorcyclist and cyclist near Linton.
Motorcyclist David Fields narrowly avoided the oncoming van which was overtaking a bike on a blind bend.
David caught the moment on his helmet camera while travelling on Pampisford Road towards the A1307 on June 10.
He said: "It makes my blood boil that somebody is willing to put my life at risk just to save five seconds."
David added: "Sitting in a van, the driver is higher up.
"If he was concentrating on the road he would have clearly seen that I was around the corner riding towards him."
He feared that if a car driver had been in his position and the van swerved, the cyclist could have been seriously injured.
- 1 In pictures: Fun raises community support cash
- 2 Magic show set to go Wrong on stage at Cambridge Arts Theatre
- 3 Creamfields announces new electronic music festival for Chelmsford, Essex, in 2022
- 4 Ipswich man to face trial for Braintree car theft and Cheshunt rail incident
- 5 Venue change for Ibiza Anthems Garden Party to Saffron Walden
- 6 Saffron Walden Motor Show set for 2021 return
- 7 Affinity Water to resume water softening in Saffron Walden
- 8 It's A Very British Murder with TV historian Lucy Worsley at Cambridge Arts Theatre
- 9 Essex filmmaker's animated journey through the universe to be shown at Saffron Screen
- 10 Uttlesford residents help council map 'vital' green spaces
Nobody is thought to have been injured during the manoeuvre.
David handed his footage over the the Cambridgeshire Constabulary.