Caught on camera: Motorcyclist feared for life in near-miss
- Credit: David Fields
Video footage shows the moment a driver almost collided with a motorcyclist and cyclist near Linton.
Motorcyclist David Fields narrowly avoided the oncoming van which was overtaking a bike on a blind bend.
David caught the moment on his helmet camera while travelling on Pampisford Road towards the A1307 on June 10.
He said: "It makes my blood boil that somebody is willing to put my life at risk just to save five seconds."
David added: "Sitting in a van, the driver is higher up.
"If he was concentrating on the road he would have clearly seen that I was around the corner riding towards him."
He feared that if a car driver had been in his position and the van swerved, the cyclist could have been seriously injured.
- 1 Walden fire: Resident has died
- 2 Covid booster vaccinations scheme is rolling out at pace
- 3 Revealed: why some Uttlesford car park machines no longer take cash
- 4 Gardeners behind the best-kept Saffron Walden allotments named
- 5 Team Max to hold fundraising auction for planned children's hospital
- 6 Runners raise more than £1,500 for Accuro in west Essex
- 7 Researchers collaborate with students in protein art project
- 8 Walden war historian on the inspiration behind his latest book
- 9 Emergency funding for Essex care homes amid 'acute' staff shortages
- 10 English Touring Opera coming to Saffron Hall with rarely performed Handel opera
Nobody is thought to have been injured during the manoeuvre.
David handed his footage over the the Cambridgeshire Constabulary.