Motorcyclist in hospital after Broxted collision
- Credit: ECFRS/Thaxted Fire Station
A collision left a motorcyclist in his 60s with life-changing leg injuries.
The collision took place on the B1051 between Stansted and Thaxted shorty after 12.25pm on Saturday (June 5).
The rider was airlifted to hospital by the Essex and Herts Air Ambulance.
A spokesperson for Essex Police said: "A man remains in hospital with life-changing injuries after a collision near Broxted.
"It was reported that a motorbike and a Toyota were involved in the incident."
You may also want to watch:
Police said that no arrests have been made. A Toyota driver is assisting with enquiries.
Police are appealing for information asking witnesses asked to call 101 and quote incident number 495 of June 5.
- 1 Kemi Badenoch MP secures new brief in September reshuffle
- 2 'We're not closing down day centres', says council
- 3 Libraries campaign group is concerned at consultation plan
- 4 Essex Austin Seven Club takes in Saffron Walden on tour
- 5 Saffron Striders enjoy lots of choice with Great North Run the main event
- 6 Circuit star William Gilbank sets sights on professional sport
- 7 Appeal to find Stansted teen, missing for five days
- 8 Saffron Walden all set for big green festival
- 9 'It feels brilliant to be back' - Aladdin announced as Cambridge Arts Theatre's full-scale Christmas pantomime
- 10 Saffron Walden triathletes doing themselves and their clubs proud at championships
Essex County Fire and Rescue Service thanked the public for assisting the casualty before they arrived on scene.
CrashMap shows that in 2019-20, there was one previous serious collision involving a motorcyclist on the B1051 between Stansted and Thaxted.