Motorcyclist in hospital after Broxted collision
- Credit: ECFRS/Thaxted Fire Station
A collision left a motorcyclist in his 60s with life-changing leg injuries.
The collision took place on the B1051 between Stansted and Thaxted shorty after 12.25pm on Saturday (June 5).
The rider was airlifted to hospital by the Essex and Herts Air Ambulance.
A spokesperson for Essex Police said: "A man remains in hospital with life-changing injuries after a collision near Broxted.
"It was reported that a motorbike and a Toyota were involved in the incident."
You may also want to watch:
Police said that no arrests have been made. A Toyota driver is assisting with enquiries.
Police are appealing for information asking witnesses asked to call 101 and quote incident number 495 of June 5.
- 1 In pictures: Success for Fête de la Musique 2021
- 2 Motion of no confidence - may be held behind closed doors
- 3 Why we refer to 'a pair' of knickers
- 4 In pictures: Medieval landmark Walden Castle is restored
- 5 Saturday recital to mark 200th anniversary of Thaxted organ
- 6 New outreach Post Office for community
- 7 Two teachers smash fundraising target in charity cycle challenge
- 8 This week's paper: Saffron Walden Reporter on June 24, 2021
- 9 Classical BRIT Award-winning Jess Gillam to play Saffron Hall
- 10 Uttlesford businesses 'disappointed' with Freedom Day delay
Essex County Fire and Rescue Service thanked the public for assisting the casualty before they arrived on scene.
CrashMap shows that in 2019-20, there was one previous serious collision involving a motorcyclist on the B1051 between Stansted and Thaxted.