Motorcyclist killed in crash
Police are appealing for witnesses following a fatal collision in which a motorcyclist was killed.
Officers were contacted just before 7.20am with reports of a collision on the B1054 between Boytons Lane and Water Lane in Steeple Bumpstead. The road has been closed after a red Honda motorcycle and a grey Ford Focus were in collision.
The rider of the motorcycle was pronounced dead at the scene.
The road is currently closed.
Police have arrested a 29-year-old man from Haverhill on suspicion of causing death by dangerous driving. He is currently in custody.
You may also want to watch:
Any witnesses are asked to contact the serious collision investigation unit on 101.
- 1 Revealed: images of new hospital that aims to be carbon neutral
- 2 Tools collection is a huge success
- 3 Hotel on Duxford IWM site given go-ahead after council re-vote
- 4 A Big Deal for Fairycroft House as comedy club makes comeback
- 5 Ibiza legend Dave Pearce and Clockwork Orange Andy Manston at garden party
- 6 Saffron Walden constituency could change shape in boundary review
- 7 Fête de la Musique returns to Walden - with nine music venues
- 8 Motorcyclist in hospital after Broxted collision
- 9 New development plan for former Friends' School
- 10 Things to do in June - from open gardens to live music and dancing