Motorcyclist killed in crash
Police are appealing for witnesses following a fatal collision in which a motorcyclist was killed.
Officers were contacted just before 7.20am with reports of a collision on the B1054 between Boytons Lane and Water Lane in Steeple Bumpstead. The road has been closed after a red Honda motorcycle and a grey Ford Focus were in collision.
The rider of the motorcycle was pronounced dead at the scene.
The road is currently closed.
Police have arrested a 29-year-old man from Haverhill on suspicion of causing death by dangerous driving. He is currently in custody.
You may also want to watch:
Any witnesses are asked to contact the serious collision investigation unit on 101.
- 1 Dedicated children's hospital set for Cambridge
- 2 NCTJ staff raise more than £7,000 for journalism bursary
- 3 Chelmsford bypass 'could provide strategic link' to Stansted Airport
- 4 England call-up for Max Malins after hat-trick in Saracens' demolition of Bath
- 5 Minute silence at council meeting for 'kind-hearted' Uttlesford officer
- 6 First 'building block' of Harlow town centre major regeneration approved
- 7 An afternoon at the Proms for Mountfitchet House residents
- 8 Fine form continues with seven-up for effervescent Saffron Walden Town
- 9 Last-gasp heartbreak for Saffron Walden against unbeaten Ipswich
- 10 Church praises members for 'fantastic' Harvest Time generosity