Motorist suffers life-threatening injuries after collision in Melbourn
OFFICERS want to trace the driver of a white Mercedes Sprinter van who may be a key witness to a serious collision.
A man suffered after being hit by an Audi A3 on the A505 at Melbourn at 9.30am today (Monday). He is currently at Addenbrooke’s Hospital.
The collision followed an incident where a blue MG sports car left the road. It is believed the driver of a white Mercedes Sprinter van witnessed that incident.
Sgt Gordon Murray, investigating, said: “We are keen to trace the driver of the van as we believe he may be a key witness to this incident which happened prior to the collision. He had no involvement in the actual collision with the pedestrian, but could have vital information to assist our investigation.
“I would also appeal to anyone who witnessed the collision, or saw the MG being driven prior to it, to call police.”
You may also want to watch:
Anyone with any information should call Sgt Murray at the Roads Policing Unit on 101.
- 1 Covid survival rates in Essex are among worst in country
- 2 Two Covid swab kit sites open in Uttlesford
- 3 Anti flooding solutions being created for outside Newport
- 4 Essex County Council to discuss council tax increase of up to £40
- 5 Man dies in 'unexplained' house fire
- 6 Widespread flooding leads to busiest day for Essex firefighters
- 7 Law firm gains Customer Service Excellence award
- 8 Campaign seeks free products in Uttlesford's public buildings
- 9 Covid vaccinations given at the Lord Butler
- 10 Stations benefit from funding