Motorist suffers life-threatening injuries after collision in Melbourn
OFFICERS want to trace the driver of a white Mercedes Sprinter van who may be a key witness to a serious collision.
A man suffered after being hit by an Audi A3 on the A505 at Melbourn at 9.30am today (Monday). He is currently at Addenbrooke’s Hospital.
The collision followed an incident where a blue MG sports car left the road. It is believed the driver of a white Mercedes Sprinter van witnessed that incident.
Sgt Gordon Murray, investigating, said: “We are keen to trace the driver of the van as we believe he may be a key witness to this incident which happened prior to the collision. He had no involvement in the actual collision with the pedestrian, but could have vital information to assist our investigation.
“I would also appeal to anyone who witnessed the collision, or saw the MG being driven prior to it, to call police.”
You may also want to watch:
Anyone with any information should call Sgt Murray at the Roads Policing Unit on 101.
- 1 Walden's new healthcare hub taking shape - as doctors surgery goes on market for £1.4m
- 2 Uttlesford's shops still suffer from low footfall, Google data shows
- 3 Dunmow and Stansted councillors not in new Essex County Council cabinet
- 4 Delight as books are donated to school's learning centre
- 5 New on-call firefighters have joined stations
- 6 Walden church open and taking part in Thy Kingdom Come
- 7 First day at school after beating Covid-19 while being treated for cancer
- 8 Saffron Walden shakeup in county council elections
- 9 Neighbourhood Plan Referendum results
- 10 Uttlesford District Council chief executive is stepping down