Motorist suffers life-threatening injuries after collision in Melbourn
OFFICERS want to trace the driver of a white Mercedes Sprinter van who may be a key witness to a serious collision.
A man suffered after being hit by an Audi A3 on the A505 at Melbourn at 9.30am today (Monday). He is currently at Addenbrooke’s Hospital.
The collision followed an incident where a blue MG sports car left the road. It is believed the driver of a white Mercedes Sprinter van witnessed that incident.
Sgt Gordon Murray, investigating, said: “We are keen to trace the driver of the van as we believe he may be a key witness to this incident which happened prior to the collision. He had no involvement in the actual collision with the pedestrian, but could have vital information to assist our investigation.
“I would also appeal to anyone who witnessed the collision, or saw the MG being driven prior to it, to call police.”
You may also want to watch:
Anyone with any information should call Sgt Murray at the Roads Policing Unit on 101.
- 1 Affinity in hot water with residents after sediment build-up in homes
- 2 Dedicated children's hospital set for Cambridge
- 3 Walden's Crocus Medical Practice opens within community hospital
- 4 Official opening held for new air ambulance base
- 5 'Pup Idol' comes to Saffron Walden as search for Wizard of Oz pooch Toto begins
- 6 NCTJ staff raise more than £7,000 for journalism bursary
- 7 Juniors the toast of Saffron Walden Golf Club after double championship success
- 8 Q&A: Elsenham WI President Moyra Jackson
- 9 Saffron Striders hit the Cambridge Half Marathon en masse
- 10 There With You This Winter: Walden Mayor backs our campaign