Motorist suffers life-threatening injuries after collision in Melbourn
OFFICERS want to trace the driver of a white Mercedes Sprinter van who may be a key witness to a serious collision.
A man suffered after being hit by an Audi A3 on the A505 at Melbourn at 9.30am today (Monday). He is currently at Addenbrooke’s Hospital.
The collision followed an incident where a blue MG sports car left the road. It is believed the driver of a white Mercedes Sprinter van witnessed that incident.
Sgt Gordon Murray, investigating, said: “We are keen to trace the driver of the van as we believe he may be a key witness to this incident which happened prior to the collision. He had no involvement in the actual collision with the pedestrian, but could have vital information to assist our investigation.
“I would also appeal to anyone who witnessed the collision, or saw the MG being driven prior to it, to call police.”
You may also want to watch:
Anyone with any information should call Sgt Murray at the Roads Policing Unit on 101.
- 1 Updates after person hit by train near Cambridge
- 2 Roman ceramics and ancient road discovered in big archaeological dig
- 3 Revealed: almost 300 possible new development sites are submitted
- 4 Person dies after being struck by train in Cambridge
- 5 In pictures: Uttlesford pupils' fun before the summer holidays
- 6 Hailstones 'the size of golf balls' batter gardens in Essex
- 7 7 of the prettiest villages in north-west Essex
- 8 Lamborghini v Ferrari at Petrolheadonism.Club's Supercar Sunday event at The Warren Estate in Essex
- 9 Residents hand water to stranded drivers after fatal M11 crash
- 10 In pictures: Saffron Walden Round Table's Big Day Out