Motorists warned of delays of M11 due to Duxford show
- Credit: Archant
Motorists are being warned of potential delays on the M11 this weekend during the VE Day Anniversary show at Duxford.
The Imperial War Museum’s show takes place on Saturday and Sunday (May 23-24). Around 4,000 tickets have been sold for the first day and 5,000 for the second.
The Highways Agency is working with IWM Duxford and local
authorities to get traffic to and from the event smoothly.
Nigel Allsopp, Highways England events planning manager for the East of England, said: “Although there won’t be road closures, we expect the M11 at junction 10 to be much busier than normal.
“IWM Duxford air shows attracts a large number of visitors and we strongly advise road users in the area to plan ahead and allow extra journey time in case of any delays.
“We’re also aware with the bank holiday and if the planned industrial action goes ahead the roads will be even busier than usual.
- 1 Met Office weather: Yellow thunderstorm warning for East of England
- 2 IN PICTURES: Wills and Kate visit Cambridgeshire's first County Day
- 3 Man in court over alleged 'fox-killing' during Puckeridge Hunt
- 4 Solar farm application decision is deferred
- 5 School activities and sports in pictures
- 6 Artists open up in record numbers for Cambridge Open Studios 2022
- 7 Dane's 10 day walk home with only a backpack
- 8 Delayed Local Plan sparks Uttlesford development fears
- 9 A505 long delays between Royston and M11 motorway at Duxford
- 10 Post Office: change of location in Newport
“During and immediately after the bank holiday we will be doing everything possible to manage traffic, such as removing temporary road works where practical. We’ll have extra traffic officer patrols and recovery vehicles on standby, and we’ll keep customers informed with real-time travel information online and via variable message signs.”