Motorists warned of delays of M11 due to Duxford show
- Credit: Archant
Motorists are being warned of potential delays on the M11 this weekend during the VE Day Anniversary show at Duxford.
The Imperial War Museum’s show takes place on Saturday and Sunday (May 23-24). Around 4,000 tickets have been sold for the first day and 5,000 for the second.
The Highways Agency is working with IWM Duxford and local
authorities to get traffic to and from the event smoothly.
Nigel Allsopp, Highways England events planning manager for the East of England, said: “Although there won’t be road closures, we expect the M11 at junction 10 to be much busier than normal.
You may also want to watch:
“IWM Duxford air shows attracts a large number of visitors and we strongly advise road users in the area to plan ahead and allow extra journey time in case of any delays.
“We’re also aware with the bank holiday and if the planned industrial action goes ahead the roads will be even busier than usual.
- 1 An afternoon at the Proms for Mountfitchet House residents
- 2 Chelmsford bypass 'could provide strategic link' to Stansted Airport
- 3 First 'building block' of Harlow town centre major regeneration approved
- 4 Church praises members for 'fantastic' Harvest Time generosity
- 5 Nursery school faces 'imminent closure' without cash boost
- 6 Minute silence at council meeting for 'kind-hearted' Uttlesford officer
- 7 David Walliams’ Gangsta Granny coming to Cambridge stage
- 8 Jets and Falcons fly out of Stansted after their NFL London showdown
- 9 Tributes pour in after death of Essex MP Sir David Amess
- 10 More Extra Care and retirement homes set for Radwinter Road
“During and immediately after the bank holiday we will be doing everything possible to manage traffic, such as removing temporary road works where practical. We’ll have extra traffic officer patrols and recovery vehicles on standby, and we’ll keep customers informed with real-time travel information online and via variable message signs.”