Motorists warned of M11 closure
- Credit: Archant
MOTORISTS have been advised that part of the northbound M11 at junction 6, Hobbs Cross, in Essex, is likely to remain closed into this evening’s peak period.
The northbound carriageway was closed following an incident earlier today when a lorry overturned. The vehicle is in the process of being removed and the load will then need to be recovered from the carriageway.
Traffic heading north is being diverted to leave the M11 at the junction with the M25, to travel anti-clockwise on the M25 to junction 26 to turn around and travel back to junction 27 to join the M11. The anti-clockwise M25 junction 27 exit slip road is also closed.
Motorists travelling south on the M11 are not affected.
Drivers have been advised to plan their journeys before they set out, and to leave extra time if they are going to be affected by this work.
You may also want to watch:
The Highways Agency provides live traffic information via its website highways.gov.uk/traffic, local and national radio travel bulletins, electronic road signs and mobile platforms, such as the iPhone.
Local Twitter services are also available at @HAtraffic_east.
- 1 Standon Calling called off after heavy rain and lightning risk
- 2 Updates after person hit by train near Cambridge
- 3 Revealed: UDC considers almost 300 possible new development sites
- 4 In pictures: Uttlesford pupils' fun before the summer holidays
- 5 4 English Heritage events to enjoy at Audley End this summer
- 6 Q&A: Former Uttlesford District Council leader Howard Rolfe
- 7 Person dies after being struck by train in Cambridge
- 8 Hailstones 'the size of golf balls' batter gardens in Essex
- 9 Roman ceramics and ancient road discovered in big archaeological dig
- 10 RAF Red Arrows and Typhoon dazzle crowds at Duxford Summer Air Show