Motorists warned of M11 closure
- Credit: Archant
MOTORISTS have been advised that part of the northbound M11 at junction 6, Hobbs Cross, in Essex, is likely to remain closed into this evening’s peak period.
The northbound carriageway was closed following an incident earlier today when a lorry overturned. The vehicle is in the process of being removed and the load will then need to be recovered from the carriageway.
Traffic heading north is being diverted to leave the M11 at the junction with the M25, to travel anti-clockwise on the M25 to junction 26 to turn around and travel back to junction 27 to join the M11. The anti-clockwise M25 junction 27 exit slip road is also closed.
Motorists travelling south on the M11 are not affected.
Drivers have been advised to plan their journeys before they set out, and to leave extra time if they are going to be affected by this work.
You may also want to watch:
The Highways Agency provides live traffic information via its website highways.gov.uk/traffic, local and national radio travel bulletins, electronic road signs and mobile platforms, such as the iPhone.
Local Twitter services are also available at @HAtraffic_east.
- 1 Walden fire: Resident has died
- 2 Walden war historian on the inspiration behind his latest book
- 3 Revealed: why some Uttlesford car park machines no longer take cash
- 4 Emergency funding for Essex care homes amid 'acute' staff shortages
- 5 Researchers collaborate with students in protein art project
- 6 Award-winning jazz singer Clare Teal and her sextet to play concert at Cambridge Arts Theatre
- 7 First birthday celebrations for Railway Arms in community ownership
- 8 Walden's Crocus Medical Practice opens within community hospital
- 9 Cambridge Film Festival returns for its 40th outing
- 10 County council promises arts boost for Essex