MOVEMBER begins: Send us your fan-tash-tic pics
MOUSTACHE-FEVER will grip the district of Uttlesford from today as men of all ages begin growing their facial hair for the month of ‘Movember’.
To raise awareness of men’s health, specifically prostate cancer and testicular cancer, everywhere from workplaces to supermarkets – and even some schools – will be filled with sprouting moustaches.
The yearly ritual makes it acceptable for men to go without shaving as long as they are raising for the Movember charity.
One business taking part is Bondara.co.uk, an online sex toy retailer on Shire Hill, Saffron Walden, which will show its support by donating 10 per cent of the purchase price of some of its products, featuring the moustache logo, to charity.
Not only that but several Bondara boys have selflessly donated their faces to the cause and will be attempting to grow thick and luxuriant moustaches throughout the month. Regular updates will be posted to uk.movember.com/team/530373, and Facebook followers of the company can join in with the fun by ‘liking’ photos.
You may also want to watch:
Sixth formers and teachers at Newport Free Grammar School will also be supporting the charity by growing full beards and selling blank templates for staff, pupils, friends and family to design individual moustaches.
The winner of the best beard in the ‘Mo-Team’ will then sport the design for the final week of November.
- 1 Walden's new healthcare hub taking shape - as doctors surgery goes on market for £1.4m
- 2 Uttlesford's shops still suffer from low footfall, Google data shows
- 3 Delight as books are donated to school's learning centre
- 4 Dunmow and Stansted councillors not in new Essex County Council cabinet
- 5 First day at school after beating Covid-19 while being treated for cancer
- 6 New on-call firefighters have joined stations
- 7 Neighbourhood Plan Referendum results
- 8 Saffron Walden shakeup in county council elections
- 9 Former Mayor looking forward to lockdown easing
- 10 Walden church open and taking part in Thy Kingdom Come
To submit your design template for a 50p donation visit the school, or to pledge a larger sum visit the school’s ‘Mopage’ at mobro.co/NFGS
? ARE you taking part in Movember? If so, send us your pictures as the month progresses to email@example.com and we will publish the best ones on our website.