‘Movers and shakers’ come together in a bid to boost tourism in Uttlesford
- Credit: Archant
Over 70 movers and shakers from the district’s tourism industry came together today (January 28) to discuss how they can work together to reinforce Uttlesford’s position on the tourist map.
Delegates expressed a desire and need to work together and in conjunction with Uttlesford District Council.
Simon Jackson, economic development officer at the council said: “Today’s event has achieved what we set out to do – to generate really innovative ideas. The next step is for us to formulate an action plan, which I hope to share in the next few weeks.
“Currently tourism generates £130 million into our local economy each year and we want to increase this over the next few years. If we can work in partnership with the tourism industry, we can collectively help to attract more visitors and boost tourism revenue across the district.”
Lisa Bone from Visit Essex said: “With its medieval market towns steeped in history, its beautiful countryside and key attractions such as Audley End House and its close proximity to London and Cambridge, Uttlesford has much to offer the tourist, especially those who are seeking relaxation and a place to escape from the rat race.
“This event was a great starting point to get key people together, working towards a common goal. I hope that they will continue to work together to drive tourism in this district which has plenty to offer.”
The tourism summit was hosted by Uttlesford at Parklands, Quendon Hall, near Saffron Walden. The event included presentations from Visit Essex and the council’s economic development team.
- 1 Sir Tom Jones to play Heritage Live concert at Audley End House & Gardens in Saffron Walden
- 2 Government accused of 'grotesque waste of taxpayers' money' after Stansted flight
- 3 New vehicles to catch Essex's criminals on the county's fast roads
- 4 Creamfields South Chelmsford 2022 line-up announced for Hylands Park
- 5 In pictures: Burns Night at Walden's The Railway Arms
- 6 Plan to ease congestion at M11 junction 8 gets underway
- 7 Uttlesford District Council row over £4m 'black hole'
- 8 Miss Disco's Valentine's date with fans at Saffron Walden's football club
- 9 Celebrating 20th anniversary of Harry Potter at Saffron Screen
- 10 Stansted Airport boss confident that passenger numbers will rally
Guests included representatives from Audley End, Stansted Airport, Visit Cambridge, local hotels and b&bs, parish councils, tourist information offices, key attractions and many more.