Movie star camel helps easyJet launch new Egypt route from Stansted Airport
- Credit: Archant
A MOVIE star camel skipped the Oscars to celebrate a new flight service at Stansted Airport with Uttlesford schoolchildren on Monday.
Kokoso, who has appeared in the film, Nativity as well as Channel 4 TV series Location, Location, Location, donned a finely-trimmed fleece at the ceremony which was organised to celebrate easyJet’s new flight to Sharm el Sheikh, Egypt.
The 600kg dromedary camel, measuring in at seven feet, had his boarding pass to hand alongside a modestly sized suitcase and was reportedly a bit of a smooth-talker with the easyJet airhostesses.
Kokoso is owned and trained by Joseph Fossett and his wife, Rebecca.
Hugh Aitken, easyJet’s UK commercial manager, said: “There isn’t a better way to celebrate the launch of our new Sharm el Sheikh route than by evoking the spirit of Egypt and bringing a camel into the airport for all to see.
You may also want to watch:
Will Parkes, Stansted Airport’s communications director, said: “Kokoso the camel certainly hasn’t given anyone the hump today but thrilled passengers and local school children invited along to meet him.
“I have no doubt Sharm-el Sheikh will be an extremely popular connection and wish easyJet every success with all the new routes.”
- 1 Walden's new healthcare hub taking shape - as doctors surgery goes on market for £1.4m
- 2 Students share their views on school curriculum
- 3 Walden church open and taking part in Thy Kingdom Come
- 4 Operation Trespass will highlight drugs gangs cuckooing efforts
- 5 Uttlesford's shops still suffer from low footfall, Google data shows
- 6 Delight as books are donated to school's learning centre
- 7 New on-call firefighters have joined stations
- 8 Saffron Walden shakeup in county council elections
- 9 Dunmow and Stansted councillors not in new Essex County Council cabinet
- 10 Market Square event organisers "amazed" at popularity of dine-out event