Movie star camel helps easyJet launch new Egypt route from Stansted Airport
- Credit: Archant
A MOVIE star camel skipped the Oscars to celebrate a new flight service at Stansted Airport with Uttlesford schoolchildren on Monday.
Kokoso, who has appeared in the film, Nativity as well as Channel 4 TV series Location, Location, Location, donned a finely-trimmed fleece at the ceremony which was organised to celebrate easyJet’s new flight to Sharm el Sheikh, Egypt.
The 600kg dromedary camel, measuring in at seven feet, had his boarding pass to hand alongside a modestly sized suitcase and was reportedly a bit of a smooth-talker with the easyJet airhostesses.
Kokoso is owned and trained by Joseph Fossett and his wife, Rebecca.
Hugh Aitken, easyJet’s UK commercial manager, said: “There isn’t a better way to celebrate the launch of our new Sharm el Sheikh route than by evoking the spirit of Egypt and bringing a camel into the airport for all to see.
You may also want to watch:
Will Parkes, Stansted Airport’s communications director, said: “Kokoso the camel certainly hasn’t given anyone the hump today but thrilled passengers and local school children invited along to meet him.
“I have no doubt Sharm-el Sheikh will be an extremely popular connection and wish easyJet every success with all the new routes.”
- 1 Flexi parking ticket rolled out for hybrid commuters
- 2 Hatfield Heath air disaster memorial 'a symbol of UK-US unity'
- 3 Festive Christmas markets to visit in Essex, 2021
- 4 Outdoor spaces help Uttlesford reclaim some normality
- 5 Saffron Walden actress Tamara Lee Smart to star as Marilyn Monroe for one night in rehearsed play reading
- 6 'Gastro-Glastonbury' Foodies Festival coming to Hylands Park in Chelmsford
- 7 Cash boost for plan to plant 350,000 trees in Essex
- 8 Villagers launch bid to raise £200,000 for 14th-century church paintings
- 9 West Essex villages fear becoming 'trapped' by road closures
- 10 'Do you enjoy singing and making new friends?' - Church holding taster session for its junior choir