Moving tribute paid to man killed while riding his ‘beloved’ scooter
- Credit: Archant
A TOUCHING tribute has been paid to a “lovely, caring and thoughtful” man who died while riding his beloved scooter.
Dean Cork, 47, of Gainsborough Road, Haverhill, suffered fatal injuries after the Piaggio T5 scooter he was riding was in collision with a Vauxhall Combo van at 7.10am on Tuesday (April 23).
The incident happened at the junction of Skippers Lane and Common Road, West Wratting, and the road was closed until 1.15pm while investigations were carried out. The driver of the van, a 59-year-old man from Linton, suffered minor injuries.
Mr Cork’s family, including wife of 25 years Tracey, son Dexter, 20, and daughter Billie, 17, said he had a great passion for Vespa scooters.
In a statement, they said: “We have lost a wonderful husband, father, son, brother, cousin and friend, very suddenly.
You may also want to watch:
“Dean was a lovely, caring and thoughtful man who left for work in the sunshine on his beloved T5 scooter and did not come back.
“We all miss him and mourn his loss and want to thank all our friends, family and well-wishers for all their messages of love and support.”
- 1 Creamfields announces new electronic music festival for Chelmsford, Essex, in 2022
- 2 Essex village celebrates 1,000 years of memories with new archive
- 3 Venue change for Ibiza Anthems Garden Party to Saffron Walden
- 4 Spurs partnership with Walden clubs is a first in UK
- 5 This week's paper: Saffron Walden Reporter on July 29, 2021
- 6 In pictures: Saffron Walden's weekend of flooding
- 7 £7.5 million cash package sought for new A120 business park
- 8 Hailstones 'the size of golf balls' batter gardens in Essex
- 9 Updates after person hit by train near Cambridge
- 10 In pictures: Classic cars rally to celebrate the Royal British Legion at 100
Police continue to appeal for witnesses to the crash to come forward. Anyone with information should call the roads policing unit on 101.