Moving tribute paid to man killed while riding his ‘beloved’ scooter
- Credit: Archant
A TOUCHING tribute has been paid to a “lovely, caring and thoughtful” man who died while riding his beloved scooter.
Dean Cork, 47, of Gainsborough Road, Haverhill, suffered fatal injuries after the Piaggio T5 scooter he was riding was in collision with a Vauxhall Combo van at 7.10am on Tuesday (April 23).
The incident happened at the junction of Skippers Lane and Common Road, West Wratting, and the road was closed until 1.15pm while investigations were carried out. The driver of the van, a 59-year-old man from Linton, suffered minor injuries.
Mr Cork’s family, including wife of 25 years Tracey, son Dexter, 20, and daughter Billie, 17, said he had a great passion for Vespa scooters.
In a statement, they said: “We have lost a wonderful husband, father, son, brother, cousin and friend, very suddenly.
“Dean was a lovely, caring and thoughtful man who left for work in the sunshine on his beloved T5 scooter and did not come back.
“We all miss him and mourn his loss and want to thank all our friends, family and well-wishers for all their messages of love and support.”
- 1 Teen arrested for 'terrorism offences' at Stansted Airport
- 2 Junior Fencer from Saffron Walden wins silver at England Championship
- 3 How well do you know the Gibson Library?
- 4 Can you complete the Census 2021 map game?
- 5 Committee and president appointed for Elsenham WI
- 6 The Railway Arms awarded CAMRA county pub of the year
- 7 Tea party celebrates Saffron Walden Museum volunteers
- 8 Uttlesford new development could be triple the size of one refused
- 9 Wenden Junior Cricket Club embrace new cricket season
- 10 Dane's 10 day walk home with only a backpack
Police continue to appeal for witnesses to the crash to come forward. Anyone with information should call the roads policing unit on 101.