MP gets closer look at Stansted’s £80m terminal transformation
- Credit: Archant
Saffron Walden MP Sir Alan Haselhurst paid a visit to Stansted Airport today (Friday) to see how work is progressing on the £80 million terminal transformation project .
He was given a behind the scenes guided tour of the construction site by project director, Martin Lyall, who said: “We were delighted to welcome Sir Alan to Stansted and hope that he leaves us today better informed about our very exciting terminal transformation project.
“We’re five months in to the project and we’re making great progress.
“Our new domestic reclaim area has been delivered ahead of schedule and we’re on-track to open the new security search in the coming weeks.”
Mr Lyall added: “There’s still lots more to do and we will begin construction on the departure lounge shortly. Stansted is changing and we’re confident passengers, staff and Sir Alan will love the new airport when it’s finished in 2015.”
You may also want to watch:
Stansted Airport’s new owners, M.A.G, launched the £80 million project to redevelop the terminal in June 2013.
The Uttlesford transport hub’s state-of-the-art Lord Foster-designed building will be enhanced by making better use of existing space and provide passengers with new security facilities and an enlarged departure lounge.
- 1 Nursery school faces 'imminent closure' without cash boost
- 2 Conservative MP David Amess dies after being stabbed in Essex constituency
- 3 Minute silence at council meeting for 'kind-hearted' Uttlesford officer
- 4 Tributes pour in after death of Essex MP Sir David Amess
- 5 Universal Credit: Help is still out there, says Essex County Council
- 6 Mission Impossible and Top Gun star Tom Cruise spotted flying at Duxford
- 7 No Time To Die is 'a bloated but entertaining slice of spy action'
- 8 More than 17,000 Uttlesford pensioners claim cash to help heat their homes
- 9 There With You This Winter: Uttlesford Foodbank
- 10 More Extra Care and retirement homes set for Radwinter Road