MP gets closer look at Stansted’s £80m terminal transformation
- Credit: Archant
Saffron Walden MP Sir Alan Haselhurst paid a visit to Stansted Airport today (Friday) to see how work is progressing on the £80 million terminal transformation project .
He was given a behind the scenes guided tour of the construction site by project director, Martin Lyall, who said: “We were delighted to welcome Sir Alan to Stansted and hope that he leaves us today better informed about our very exciting terminal transformation project.
“We’re five months in to the project and we’re making great progress.
“Our new domestic reclaim area has been delivered ahead of schedule and we’re on-track to open the new security search in the coming weeks.”
Mr Lyall added: “There’s still lots more to do and we will begin construction on the departure lounge shortly. Stansted is changing and we’re confident passengers, staff and Sir Alan will love the new airport when it’s finished in 2015.”
You may also want to watch:
Stansted Airport’s new owners, M.A.G, launched the £80 million project to redevelop the terminal in June 2013.
The Uttlesford transport hub’s state-of-the-art Lord Foster-designed building will be enhanced by making better use of existing space and provide passengers with new security facilities and an enlarged departure lounge.
- 1 Market Square event organisers "amazed" at popularity of dine-out event
- 2 Wiseman dynasty gets new star as 15-year-old Max hits first senior ton
- 3 New mayor, deputy mayor and leader appointed for town council
- 4 Standing for election for a seat on Essex County Council on May 6, 2021
- 5 Here's what you can do from May 17 as Covid restrictions ease
- 6 Walden teddy bear shop to relocate to new venue
- 7 Stick to the paths while bluebells bloom, says Essex Wildlife Trust
- 8 Ex-prison governor on writing, retirement and baking at Angela Reed
- 9 Front garden VE Day display planned in Great Chesterford
- 10 Deadline week for Stansted planners amid latest appeal