MP gets closer look at Stansted’s £80m terminal transformation
- Credit: Archant
Saffron Walden MP Sir Alan Haselhurst paid a visit to Stansted Airport today (Friday) to see how work is progressing on the £80 million terminal transformation project .
He was given a behind the scenes guided tour of the construction site by project director, Martin Lyall, who said: “We were delighted to welcome Sir Alan to Stansted and hope that he leaves us today better informed about our very exciting terminal transformation project.
“We’re five months in to the project and we’re making great progress.
“Our new domestic reclaim area has been delivered ahead of schedule and we’re on-track to open the new security search in the coming weeks.”
Mr Lyall added: “There’s still lots more to do and we will begin construction on the departure lounge shortly. Stansted is changing and we’re confident passengers, staff and Sir Alan will love the new airport when it’s finished in 2015.”
You may also want to watch:
Stansted Airport’s new owners, M.A.G, launched the £80 million project to redevelop the terminal in June 2013.
The Uttlesford transport hub’s state-of-the-art Lord Foster-designed building will be enhanced by making better use of existing space and provide passengers with new security facilities and an enlarged departure lounge.
- 1 Updates after person hit by train near Cambridge
- 2 Roman ceramics and ancient road discovered in big archaeological dig
- 3 Person dies after being struck by train in Cambridge
- 4 Hailstones 'the size of golf balls' batter gardens in Essex
- 5 In pictures: Uttlesford pupils' fun before the summer holidays
- 6 7 of the prettiest villages in north-west Essex
- 7 Lamborghini v Ferrari at Petrolheadonism.Club's Supercar Sunday event at The Warren Estate in Essex
- 8 In pictures: Saffron Walden Round Table's Big Day Out
- 9 Thaxted flash flooding the 'worst in 30 years', says councillor
- 10 Saffron Walden Motor Show set for 2021 return