Muddy Bootcamp raises over �1,000 for Teenage Cancer Trust
MUDDIED, exhausted, but worth it... more than 60 fitness enthusiasts dug in to raise �1,000 at a charity bootcamp.
Fitness-4-life: Bootcamp ran the successful two-hour charity event at the Anglo-American Playing Fields in Saffron Walden at the end of November.
Constant rain from start to finish had made for a boggy, tough course. But it only contributed to the fun with the entire team getting stuck in to a large circuit training session followed by team games including tug-of-war and tyre-dragging races.
The event raised more than �1,000 for the Teenager Cancer Trust, a great charity close to the team’s hearts, and sponsorship money is still rolling in.
“It was a fabulous afternoon which was exhausting but fun, all ages took part and they thoroughly enjoyed themselves” said Louise Barnes, who was there giving her support and is over 10 years in remission herself.
You may also want to watch:
The session was organised by Lorraine Thompson and Simon Drew, owners of Fitness-4-Life: Bootcamp.
“We cannot begin to thank everybody enough who helped us on the day, or donated to our raffle, and all the participants. They were all amazing and should be very proud of themselves. It was a fabulous day,” said Lorraine.
- 1 Flexi parking ticket rolled out for hybrid commuters
- 2 Thaxted Gardening and Craft Show winners revealed
- 3 Saffron Walden actress Tamara Lee Smart to star as Marilyn Monroe for one night in rehearsed play reading
- 4 Festive Christmas markets to visit in Essex, 2021
- 5 Hatfield Heath air disaster memorial 'a symbol of UK-US unity'
- 6 Cash boost for plan to plant 350,000 trees in Essex
- 7 Saffron Striders take advantage of late summer warmth to stretch their legs far and wide
- 8 'Gastro-Glastonbury' Foodies Festival coming to Hylands Park in Chelmsford
- 9 'Don't replace our pub garden with housing', say Newport campaigners
- 10 'Do you enjoy singing and making new friends?' - Church holding taster session for its junior choir
For more information on the bootcamps, visit fitness-4-life.org.uk