Mums go back to the classroom
PARENTS got the chance to go back to class at a Saffron Walden school in the build up to Mothering Sunday.
Katherine Semar Infants School hold the event every year to give mums the chance to see what their children get up to in the classroom.
They get to spend an hour in the classroom, watching lessons and joining in with activities – and are even invited to test out school dinners at lunchtime!
Headteacher Jane Gilmour said: “This is a really nice opportunity for the parents to see how their children are within the classroom. We hold the same for dads in the build up to Father’s Day.
“We do lots of things for the parents to come into the school, such as to watch plays, but they still like to see their children and how they act in class and the things we do.
You may also want to watch:
It puts it into context for them.
“And we have had some fabulous feedback, with many thanking us for the opportunity. They are very appreciative and the children love it.”
- 1 Housing sites sought by Uttlesford District Council
- 2 Jack Petchey Foundation achievement awards for three Saffron Walden students
- 3 Care home residents and staff receive Covid-19 vaccine
- 4 Essex County Council approves council tax increase
- 5 Town council backs new support club
- 6 Families take part in Gain the Miles challenge
- 7 Stop Stansted Expansion accused of leading council 'over the cliff'
- 8 Man dies in 'unexplained' house fire
- 9 Sam Smith to headline charity festival fundraising to fight food poverty
- 10 Two Covid swab kit sites open in Uttlesford