Mums go back to the classroom
PARENTS got the chance to go back to class at a Saffron Walden school in the build up to Mothering Sunday.
Katherine Semar Infants School hold the event every year to give mums the chance to see what their children get up to in the classroom.
They get to spend an hour in the classroom, watching lessons and joining in with activities – and are even invited to test out school dinners at lunchtime!
Headteacher Jane Gilmour said: “This is a really nice opportunity for the parents to see how their children are within the classroom. We hold the same for dads in the build up to Father’s Day.
“We do lots of things for the parents to come into the school, such as to watch plays, but they still like to see their children and how they act in class and the things we do.
You may also want to watch:
It puts it into context for them.
“And we have had some fabulous feedback, with many thanking us for the opportunity. They are very appreciative and the children love it.”
- 1 Flexi parking ticket rolled out for hybrid commuters
- 2 Thaxted Gardening and Craft Show winners revealed
- 3 Saffron Walden actress Tamara Lee Smart to star as Marilyn Monroe for one night in rehearsed play reading
- 4 Hatfield Heath air disaster memorial 'a symbol of UK-US unity'
- 5 Festive Christmas markets to visit in Essex, 2021
- 6 Cash boost for plan to plant 350,000 trees in Essex
- 7 'Gastro-Glastonbury' Foodies Festival coming to Hylands Park in Chelmsford
- 8 Saffron Striders take advantage of late summer warmth to stretch their legs far and wide
- 9 'Do you enjoy singing and making new friends?' - Church holding taster session for its junior choir
- 10 'Don't replace our pub garden with housing', say Newport campaigners