Mums go back to the classroom
PARENTS got the chance to go back to class at a Saffron Walden school in the build up to Mothering Sunday.
Katherine Semar Infants School hold the event every year to give mums the chance to see what their children get up to in the classroom.
They get to spend an hour in the classroom, watching lessons and joining in with activities – and are even invited to test out school dinners at lunchtime!
Headteacher Jane Gilmour said: “This is a really nice opportunity for the parents to see how their children are within the classroom. We hold the same for dads in the build up to Father’s Day.
“We do lots of things for the parents to come into the school, such as to watch plays, but they still like to see their children and how they act in class and the things we do.
You may also want to watch:
It puts it into context for them.
“And we have had some fabulous feedback, with many thanking us for the opportunity. They are very appreciative and the children love it.”
- 1 Walden's new healthcare hub taking shape - as doctors surgery goes on market for £1.4m
- 2 Uttlesford's shops still suffer from low footfall, Google data shows
- 3 Dunmow and Stansted councillors not in new Essex County Council cabinet
- 4 First day at school after beating Covid-19 while being treated for cancer
- 5 Delight as books are donated to school's learning centre
- 6 Former Mayor looking forward to lockdown easing
- 7 Uttlesford District Council chief executive is stepping down
- 8 Neighbourhood Plan Referendum results
- 9 The Stansted couple on an #HDHike for Huntington's disease
- 10 New on-call firefighters have joined stations