Mums go back to the classroom
PARENTS got the chance to go back to class at a Saffron Walden school in the build up to Mothering Sunday.
Katherine Semar Infants School hold the event every year to give mums the chance to see what their children get up to in the classroom.
They get to spend an hour in the classroom, watching lessons and joining in with activities – and are even invited to test out school dinners at lunchtime!
Headteacher Jane Gilmour said: “This is a really nice opportunity for the parents to see how their children are within the classroom. We hold the same for dads in the build up to Father’s Day.
“We do lots of things for the parents to come into the school, such as to watch plays, but they still like to see their children and how they act in class and the things we do.
It puts it into context for them.
“And we have had some fabulous feedback, with many thanking us for the opportunity. They are very appreciative and the children love it.”
- 1 How Malcolm's work is having an impact in Uttlesford
- 2 Fears that Covid may cause Essex hospital staffing to get ‘very difficult’
- 3 Supermarkets issue urgent product recall after salmonella found in products
- 4 Vandals thought to have targeted around 30 vehicles in 'keying' spree
- 5 Teen arrested after alleged disturbance inside Saffron Walden Costcutter
- 6 School pictures: Maths workshops for parents and a museum visit
- 7 Delighted Walden photography winner unveils her new business
- 8 Cliff Parisi on Call the Midwife's 10th Christmas special
- 9 EastEnders' Adam Woodyatt and Laurie Brett reunited on stage in Looking Good Dead at Cambridge Arts Theatre
- 10 Uttlesford councillors hope to reduce emissions and fuel poverty with new plan