Music down in my soul: ‘Songs of reflection’ at concert in aid of injured soldiers
SONGS of reflection, joy and hope will be the theme of a choral concert by Amici Cantate at Thaxted Parish Church on Sunday October 14, at 7pm.
The concert - entitled ‘Music down in my soul’ - is in aid of the Carver Barracks Injured Soldiers Fund.
Amici Cantate was founded by Michael Kibblewhite in 2005, and is made up of parents and friends of the Bishop’s Stortford based youth choir, Cantate. Since its inception, it has developed a reputation for high quality music making, supporting the three Cantate choirs in major events and participating by itself in festivals and charitable concerts, often working with children’s choirs.
Amici is well known for its broad, eclectic repertoire from all around the world. As well as performing locally, the choir has performed in Spain, Italy and Scotland. In 2011 the choir took part in the Lake Garda International Music Festival and the Thaxted Festival.
In April 2012, the choir had a very successful tour to Blankenburg in Belgium.
You may also want to watch:
Amici Cantate’s musical director is John Tripp. A Cantate parent himself, and assistant director of Amici Cantate for two years, John is well known in Hertfordshire as a baritone soloist, chorister, pianist and performer, and has directed a number of groups including Imperial Opera and Ware Operatic Society, most recently establishing a new choir in Docklands, the Canary Wharf Choir, London.
Following their Gala Concert in October 2010 which raised �2,250 for the Carver Barracks Injured Soldiers Fund, Amici Cantate are delighted to have been invited to return to Thaxted Chuch to present this concert, and to have the opportunity once again to pay tribute to those soldiers injured in recent conflicts and to their families.
- 1 Creamfields announces new electronic music festival for Chelmsford, Essex, in 2022
- 2 Venue change for Ibiza Anthems Garden Party to Saffron Walden
- 3 Affinity Water to resume water softening in Saffron Walden
- 4 Ipswich man charged in connection with Cheshunt rail incident
- 5 Magic show set to go Wrong on stage at Cambridge Arts Theatre
- 6 Updates after person hit by train near Cambridge
- 7 Uttlesford residents help council map 'vital' green spaces
- 8 Essex filmmaker's animated journey through the universe to be shown at Saffron Screen
- 9 Revealed: UDC considers almost 300 possible new development sites
- 10 When are GCSE and A-level results out and how fair will grades be?
• Tickets (adults �10, children �6) from Kate Foxwell on 01279 506773 or email@example.com, from Thaxted CIC or on the door.