Music in the Park welcomes back some familiar names
A MUSICAL extravaganza will be taking place in the beautiful setting of a Stansted school on Saturday July 11. The eighth Music in the Park will welcome many familiar faces as well as some newcomers to the event at Bentfield Primary School on Rainsford Ro
A MUSICAL extravaganza will be taking place in the beautiful setting of a Stansted school on Saturday July 11.
The eighth Music in the Park will welcome many familiar faces as well as some newcomers to the event at Bentfield Primary School on Rainsford Road.
An excellent line up of local bands will offer a wide range of musical styles between 2pm and 8pm.
Headlining the event for the second consecutive year is talented seven-piece band Hybrid 7. With instruments including a trumpet and tenor sax this band creates a distinctive live sound.
Returning to the event are The Croft and Electric Chess, both of whom made memorable Music in the Park debuts in 2008, along with event regulars Dew Drop featuring Bentfield's favourite ex-teacher Rachel Croucher on vocals.
The Bentfield School Choir will be heading to the stage to perform during the afternoon.
- 1 Sir Tom Jones stage times for Heritage Live concert at Audley End House & Gardens
- 2 IN PICTURES: Simple Minds kick off this year's Heritage Live concerts at Audley End House & Gardens
- 3 Elbow stage times for Heritage Live concert at Audley End House & Gardens
- 4 'Group of youths' set fire to football ground in Saffron Walden
- 5 Stage times for Simple Minds' Heritage Live concert at Audley End House & Gardens
- 6 Have your say on plan to build 233 homes in Saffron Walden
- 7 Sir Tom Jones, Simple Minds, Elbow and the Bootleg Beatles to headline four nights of concerts at Audley End
- 8 No Stansted Express trains for five days in August
- 9 Museum art project to explore 'The Lost Language of Nature'
- 10 One of a kind Second World War aircraft to fly in historic flypast at IWM Duxford’s Battle of Britain Air Show 2022
Talented band The Jarrs will make their first appearance, as is the hugely successful Essex-based band Repertoire Dogs.
This year, due to popular demand, a huge giant fun fair inflatable along with a separate bouncy castle for the younger ones will be on hand to keep all entertained. Other activities for the children include giant Jenga, table football, table tennis and face painting.
Bring a picnic, family and friends and enjoy a wonderful day! Head to the barbecue for wraps, burgers, sausages and veggie kebabs; to the bar for draught beer, lager, wine or fizz and not to forget the essential jug of Pimm's.
Plenty of soft drinks will be available to buy, as well as sweets, popcorn and ice cream.
There will be a smoking area to one corner of the field and guests will be asked not to smoke in other areas.
Last year the event was again a complete sell-out, with fantastic advance ticket sales.
Tickets cost �7.50 in advance or �8.50 on the day and are available from the school or by calling Louise on 01279 647 568. Children under 16 go free with a paying adult.