Music school gets ready to welcome classes at new Saffron Walden venue
- Credit: Archant
Saffron Music School will be relocating to Fairycroft House this month.
The school, which has been running since 2000, will host classes every Monday night at the new venue from September 11.
Jason Meyrick, director of the school, said: “We are delighted with the location and sincerely thank Tim Atkinson [director of Fairycroft House Community Interest Company] for welcoming us to Fairycroft.
“It is a new direction for our music school which will provide opportunities for young musicians to play in concert band, string and guitar ensembles, sax, jazz and brass groups and to sing in a chamber choir.
“Associated Board theory is also covered during the course of the evening. An exciting addition to Saffron Music School is Band Friday Big Band. If you would like to play music from the Glenn Miller era to sounds of the Average White band, please join us at 6.00pm.”
You may also want to watch:
The first class this month will run from 4-6pm.
For more information, visit saffronmusicschool.com
- 1 Covid-19 fast-testing centre opens in Uttlesford for asymptomatic residents
- 2 Uttlesford Covid case rates decline means they are now the lowest in Essex
- 3 Council row over near £1 million underspend on road repairs
- 4 New Local Plan: 'Housing and transport should be planned together'
- 5 'I can walk 500 miles' - chairman's Scottish celebrations during charity trek
- 6 Essex County Council approves council tax increase
- 7 Housing sites sought by Uttlesford District Council
- 8 Dozens of illegal fishing nets and traps seized during pandemic
- 9 Two Covid swab kit sites open in Uttlesford