Musical duo raise funds for Essex church
ST BOTOLPH S Church in Hadstock will once again be host to a classical concert on Friday February 26, as a harp and flute duo take to the stage to raise funds for the Friends of St Botolph s. Jane Mitchell and Tanya Houghton – known as the Narcissus Duo –
ST BOTOLPH'S Church in Hadstock will once again be host to a classical concert on Friday February 26, as a harp and flute duo take to the stage to raise funds for the Friends of St Botolph's.
Jane Mitchell and Tanya Houghton - known as the Narcissus Duo - will be performing works by J S Bach and Astor Piazolla.
Their partnership dates back to their days at Cambridge University. Both have also completed studies at the Royal Academy London.
The pair are currently involved the Live Music Now! scheme with which they help with outreach and educational projects.
You may also want to watch:
Money raised from the upcoming concert will go towards the maintenance of the church which has overlooked the small village of Hadstock for more than 1000 years.
Reserved seating is available from Saffron Walden Tourist Information Centre (01799 524002) for �10. Discounted tickets are available for senior citizens and students. Non reserved tickets will be available at the door on the night.
- 1 Walden fire: Resident has died
- 2 Revealed: why some Uttlesford car park machines no longer take cash
- 3 Walden war historian on the inspiration behind his latest book
- 4 Emergency funding for Essex care homes amid 'acute' staff shortages
- 5 First birthday celebrations for Railway Arms in community ownership
- 6 Award-winning jazz singer Clare Teal and her sextet to play concert at Cambridge Arts Theatre
- 7 County council promises arts boost for Essex
- 8 Official opening held for new air ambulance base
- 9 Affinity in hot water with residents after sediment build-up in homes
- 10 Cambridge Film Festival returns for its 40th outing