Musical duo raise funds for Essex church
ST BOTOLPH S Church in Hadstock will once again be host to a classical concert on Friday February 26, as a harp and flute duo take to the stage to raise funds for the Friends of St Botolph s. Jane Mitchell and Tanya Houghton – known as the Narcissus Duo –
ST BOTOLPH'S Church in Hadstock will once again be host to a classical concert on Friday February 26, as a harp and flute duo take to the stage to raise funds for the Friends of St Botolph's.
Jane Mitchell and Tanya Houghton - known as the Narcissus Duo - will be performing works by J S Bach and Astor Piazolla.
Their partnership dates back to their days at Cambridge University. Both have also completed studies at the Royal Academy London.
The pair are currently involved the Live Music Now! scheme with which they help with outreach and educational projects.
You may also want to watch:
Money raised from the upcoming concert will go towards the maintenance of the church which has overlooked the small village of Hadstock for more than 1000 years.
Reserved seating is available from Saffron Walden Tourist Information Centre (01799 524002) for �10. Discounted tickets are available for senior citizens and students. Non reserved tickets will be available at the door on the night.
- 1 New Market Row deli will inspire community spirit, says mayor
- 2 Walden pub reopens after four years
- 3 New pub opens: 'We had almost the whole village, and the one nearby'
- 4 Survey reveals Uttlesford fears of fourth national Covid lockdown
- 5 Application refused for 100 homes on former Friends School site
- 6 No end of the line in sight for Audley End CrossCountry cancellations
- 7 Town council challenges water softening decision
- 8 Things to do on the May Bank Holiday weekend: Essex gardens are open
- 9 Back to the drawing board for Radwinter Road retirement homes
- 10 Stop Stansted Expansion campaign group to rebrand