Musical duo to hold concert for Uttlesford family charity
TWO music professionals are set to light up the town with a concert in aid of the Reporter’s charity of the year.
‘An Evening of Musical Theatre and Jazz’ with Joanna Eden and Leigh McDonald will feature songs by Lloyd Webber, Hamlisch, Sondheim, Bernstein, Boubil, Rodgers & Hart, Lionel Bart and Gerschwin.
Singer-songwriter Joanna is well known in Saffron Walden having played numerous gigs. She has also performed at the legendary Ronnie Scott’s Club in London and at the Audley End Picnic Concerts, toured with her band and recorded three albums.
Leigh has over 20 years experience in musical theatre and is fresh off an international tour of Mamma Mia! and has recently finished working with Bafta winning Dominic West.
Proceeds from the concert – at the Friends’ School in Saffron Walden on June 30 – will go to Homestart Uttlesford, which provides trained volunteers who offer young families with emotional support and practical help, and runs a family group in Saffron Walden where parents and children can meet for friendship, play and support.
You may also want to watch:
Tickets at �10 (�7 concessions), are available from Saffron Walden Tourist Information Centre (01799 524002) or saffrontickets.com.
The concert will kick-start Joanna and Leigh’s summer programme of musical theatre and pop singing workshops.
- 1 Walden fire: Resident has died
- 2 Walden war historian on the inspiration behind his latest book
- 3 Revealed: why some Uttlesford car park machines no longer take cash
- 4 Emergency funding for Essex care homes amid 'acute' staff shortages
- 5 Researchers collaborate with students in protein art project
- 6 Award-winning jazz singer Clare Teal and her sextet to play concert at Cambridge Arts Theatre
- 7 First birthday celebrations for Railway Arms in community ownership
- 8 Cambridge Film Festival returns for its 40th outing
- 9 Walden's Crocus Medical Practice opens within community hospital
- 10 County council promises arts boost for Essex
The workshops – for children aged 7-16 – run from 10am to 4pm and follow a performance for parents. For details or to register call Leigh on 07729 178464 or Joanna on 01799 526492.
• To find out more about Homestart, visit the website at homestartuttlesford.co.uk