Musician pens lockdown lyrics for classic Beatles tune
- Credit: Jim Dwyer
A Saffron Walden musician has written fresh lyrics for a classic Beatles song to inspire people struggling through the pandemic.
Jim Dwyer's new words for the tune 'Yesterday' include the line: Finally, when the world restores normality/When this lockdown ends and we are free/We’ll be together lovingly.
He entered 'Lovingly' into the UK Songwriting Contest 2020 where it reached the semi-finals of the lyrics category and was awarded five stars.
Jim, who sings and plays in a trio performing hit songs across Essex, including the Queen's Head in Littlebury, has written more than 130 tunes.
He said: "I had wanted to write a song called Lovingly because I have a photo of my mother which she sent to my father when he was serving in India from 1928 to 1934.
You may also want to watch:
"On the photo she had written ‘Lovingly, Blod’ - she was Welsh and her name was Blodwen."
- 1 Quakers ask district council to reverse decision as investment row continues
- 2 District council is not investing in arms trade, say councillors
- 3 Gordon's 'fiver for a jab' fundraiser for NHS
- 4 Essex county council deputy says he will stand for top job
- 5 Robbers leave with hundreds of pounds after threatening business staff
- 6 Stroke at 27 - now teacher is giving something back
- 7 Essex recruiting on-call firefighters
- 8 Long recycling centre queues into the road 'nearly cause accident'
- 9 Free vegetarian meal service launched
- 10 Covid jab success in North Uttlesford