Musicians wanted for Saffron Walden’s Got Talent 2012
TALENTED musicians are being urged to enter Saffron Walden’s Got Talent 2012.
The first SWGT in 2010 was hailed a “tremendous success” by organisers, Saffron Walden Arts Trust, with celebrity judges offering encouragement and advice to acts of all ages. The winner then was singer-songwriter, Hollie Haines, from Radwinter, and a surprise gig was offered to 11-year old Cassie Dearing, who was given the chance to perform in front of 2,000 people at the Little Easton Manor Champagne Picnic.
A spokesman for Saffron Walden Arts Trust said: “W’ re really excited about staging this show.
“The first Saffron Walden’s Got Talent proved a tremendous success and is a great opportunity for people to show what a wealth of talent we have in this area.”
All ages are welcome to enter and there is �200 up for grabs for the winner.
You may also want to watch:
Application forms are available from the Tourist Information Centre. Deadline for applications is May 18.
The competition makes up part of the Saffron Walden Arts Festival which is running for the third time, over the weekend of June 9 and 10.
- 1 Walden pub reopens after four years
- 2 Affinity Water: No compensation for customers in water softening row
- 3 New Market Row deli will inspire community spirit, says mayor
- 4 Bar staff smash £1,000 target in charity challenge
- 5 Audley End Miniature Railway celebrates a lockdown easing sellout
- 6 Boy George and Culture Club announce Audley End concert
- 7 Application refused for 100 homes on former Friends School site
- 8 Town council challenges water softening decision
- 9 New pub opens: 'We had almost the whole village, and the one nearby'
- 10 Houses in pub garden refused on appeal but similar application pending
Based on the Common, highlights include a performance of The Importance of Being Earnest by professional theatre company The Pantaloons, cabaret evening with dance band Blue Harlem, activities for children and free performances by musicians, bands and dance, alongside a craft fair and hands-on workshops.
A full festival schedule is available at artsinwalden.com.