Musicians wanted for Saffron Walden’s Got Talent 2012
TALENTED musicians are being urged to enter Saffron Walden’s Got Talent 2012.
The first SWGT in 2010 was hailed a “tremendous success” by organisers, Saffron Walden Arts Trust, with celebrity judges offering encouragement and advice to acts of all ages. The winner then was singer-songwriter, Hollie Haines, from Radwinter, and a surprise gig was offered to 11-year old Cassie Dearing, who was given the chance to perform in front of 2,000 people at the Little Easton Manor Champagne Picnic.
A spokesman for Saffron Walden Arts Trust said: “W’ re really excited about staging this show.
“The first Saffron Walden’s Got Talent proved a tremendous success and is a great opportunity for people to show what a wealth of talent we have in this area.”
All ages are welcome to enter and there is �200 up for grabs for the winner.
You may also want to watch:
Application forms are available from the Tourist Information Centre. Deadline for applications is May 18.
The competition makes up part of the Saffron Walden Arts Festival which is running for the third time, over the weekend of June 9 and 10.
- 1 Covid survival rates in Essex are among worst in country
- 2 Two Covid swab kit sites open in Uttlesford
- 3 Anti flooding solutions being created for outside Newport
- 4 Essex County Council to discuss council tax increase of up to £40
- 5 Law firm gains Customer Service Excellence award
- 6 Man dies in 'unexplained' house fire
- 7 Campaign seeks free products in Uttlesford's public buildings
- 8 Widespread flooding leads to busiest day for Essex firefighters
- 9 Covid vaccinations given at the Lord Butler
- 10 Stations benefit from funding
Based on the Common, highlights include a performance of The Importance of Being Earnest by professional theatre company The Pantaloons, cabaret evening with dance band Blue Harlem, activities for children and free performances by musicians, bands and dance, alongside a craft fair and hands-on workshops.
A full festival schedule is available at artsinwalden.com.