Mysterious ‘carjacking’ in Wendens Ambo
- Credit: Archant
A man was left startled after a stranger got into the back of his car in Wendens Ambo and ordered him to drive.
The individual, described as a mixed race male, got into the silver Proton parked in a layby near The Fighting Cock pub, in London Road, at around 10.50am on Sunday (June 28).
After ordering the 37-year-old man from Lancashire to drive he then asked him to pull over in Bury Water Lane, Newport.
The suspect then got out and walked off, leaving the driver unhurt.
Detective constable Shelley Tarling, of Braintree CID, said: “I am keen to hear from anyone who thinks they saw the suspect either getting into the vehicle at the bus stop or getting out in Bury Water Lane.”
You may also want to watch:
INFORMATION: Anyone with information should call 101 or Crimestoppers on 0800 555111.
- 1 An afternoon at the Proms for Mountfitchet House residents
- 2 Chelmsford bypass 'could provide strategic link' to Stansted Airport
- 3 First 'building block' of Harlow town centre major regeneration approved
- 4 Church praises members for 'fantastic' Harvest Time generosity
- 5 Nursery school faces 'imminent closure' without cash boost
- 6 Jets and Falcons fly out of Stansted after their NFL London showdown
- 7 Minute silence at council meeting for 'kind-hearted' Uttlesford officer
- 8 David Walliams’ Gangsta Granny coming to Cambridge stage
- 9 Tributes pour in after death of Essex MP Sir David Amess
- 10 More Extra Care and retirement homes set for Radwinter Road