National Express East Anglia train strikes suspended after an agreement is reached
STRIKE action across the National Express East Anglia (NXEA) train network has been suspended after the company reached an agreement with the ASLEF union today (Thursday).Early morning talks with NXEA managing director, Andrew Chivers led to union negoti
STRIKE action across the National Express East Anglia (NXEA) train network has been suspended after the company reached an agreement with the ASLEF union today (Thursday).
Early morning talks with NXEA managing director, Andrew Chivers led to union negotiators securing an offer which they felt could be put to union members with a 'reasonable expectation' of it being acceptable.
All industrial action has been suspended from midnight tonight while the latest offer from the company is put to the union's members in NXEA in a ballot.
ASLEF general secretary, Keith Norman, said: "We have hammered out an amicable timetable for the resolution of the industrial relations difficulties which have divided us.
"I also feel that we have secured reasonable pay increases given the general economic climate and the financial position of NXEA."
Mr Chivers said: "We're pleased to be able to advise our customers that the industrial action by the ASLEF union has been suspended.
- 1 Case of new Omicron Covid variant identified in Essex
- 2 Eight things we learned from the prime minister's briefing
- 3 Will there be a White Christmas in Essex this year?
- 4 Stansted Airport calls for residents' views on solar transformation plan
- 5 Walden has late night shopping and musicians
- 6 Saffron Walden a contender in Britain's Favourite Market vote
- 7 Students bring cheer to senior citizens through Christmas Buddy Scheme
- 8 Person has died on railway tracks near Newport, say police
- 9 Police arrest nearly 100 M11 and M25 environmental protestors
- 10 IWM Duxford exhibition to display largest collection of Spitfires under one roof
"We will endeavour to run the best service possible tomorrow, though there may be some residual delays and alterations to services as we restore the normal service.
"We would like to thank our customers for their patience during the industrial action."
For timetable information visit www.nationalexpresseastanglia.com.