National Express East Anglia train strikes suspended after an agreement is reached
STRIKE action across the National Express East Anglia (NXEA) train network has been suspended after the company reached an agreement with the ASLEF union today (Thursday).Early morning talks with NXEA managing director, Andrew Chivers led to union negoti
STRIKE action across the National Express East Anglia (NXEA) train network has been suspended after the company reached an agreement with the ASLEF union today (Thursday).
Early morning talks with NXEA managing director, Andrew Chivers led to union negotiators securing an offer which they felt could be put to union members with a 'reasonable expectation' of it being acceptable.
All industrial action has been suspended from midnight tonight while the latest offer from the company is put to the union's members in NXEA in a ballot.
ASLEF general secretary, Keith Norman, said: "We have hammered out an amicable timetable for the resolution of the industrial relations difficulties which have divided us.
You may also want to watch:
"I also feel that we have secured reasonable pay increases given the general economic climate and the financial position of NXEA."
Mr Chivers said: "We're pleased to be able to advise our customers that the industrial action by the ASLEF union has been suspended.
- 1 New Market Row deli will inspire community spirit, says mayor
- 2 New pub opens: 'We had almost the whole village, and the one nearby'
- 3 Survey reveals Uttlesford fears of fourth national Covid lockdown
- 4 Walden pub reopens after four years
- 5 Application refused for 100 homes on former Friends School site
- 6 No end of the line in sight for Audley End CrossCountry cancellations
- 7 Town council challenges water softening decision
- 8 Things to do on the May Bank Holiday weekend: Essex gardens are open
- 9 Back to the drawing board for Radwinter Road retirement homes
- 10 Stop Stansted Expansion campaign group to rebrand
"We will endeavour to run the best service possible tomorrow, though there may be some residual delays and alterations to services as we restore the normal service.
"We would like to thank our customers for their patience during the industrial action."
For timetable information visit www.nationalexpresseastanglia.com.