National Express East Anglia train strikes suspended after an agreement is reached
STRIKE action across the National Express East Anglia (NXEA) train network has been suspended after the company reached an agreement with the ASLEF union today (Thursday).Early morning talks with NXEA managing director, Andrew Chivers led to union negoti
STRIKE action across the National Express East Anglia (NXEA) train network has been suspended after the company reached an agreement with the ASLEF union today (Thursday).
Early morning talks with NXEA managing director, Andrew Chivers led to union negotiators securing an offer which they felt could be put to union members with a 'reasonable expectation' of it being acceptable.
All industrial action has been suspended from midnight tonight while the latest offer from the company is put to the union's members in NXEA in a ballot.
ASLEF general secretary, Keith Norman, said: "We have hammered out an amicable timetable for the resolution of the industrial relations difficulties which have divided us.
You may also want to watch:
"I also feel that we have secured reasonable pay increases given the general economic climate and the financial position of NXEA."
Mr Chivers said: "We're pleased to be able to advise our customers that the industrial action by the ASLEF union has been suspended.
- 1 Covid-19 fast-testing centre opens in Uttlesford for asymptomatic residents
- 2 Several Saffron Walden businesses 'permanently closed since pandemic'
- 3 Uttlesford Covid case rates decline means they are now the lowest in Essex
- 4 Another planning application as previous rejection prepares for appeal
- 5 'I can walk 500 miles' - chairman's Scottish celebrations during charity trek
- 6 Council row over near £1 million underspend on road repairs
- 7 New Local Plan: 'Housing and transport should be planned together'
- 8 Housing sites sought by Uttlesford District Council
- 9 Essex County Council approves council tax increase
- 10 Jack Petchey Foundation achievement awards for three Saffron Walden students
"We will endeavour to run the best service possible tomorrow, though there may be some residual delays and alterations to services as we restore the normal service.
"We would like to thank our customers for their patience during the industrial action."
For timetable information visit www.nationalexpresseastanglia.com.