National Express East Anglia train strikes suspended after an agreement is reached
STRIKE action across the National Express East Anglia (NXEA) train network has been suspended after the company reached an agreement with the ASLEF union today (Thursday).Early morning talks with NXEA managing director, Andrew Chivers led to union negoti
STRIKE action across the National Express East Anglia (NXEA) train network has been suspended after the company reached an agreement with the ASLEF union today (Thursday).
Early morning talks with NXEA managing director, Andrew Chivers led to union negotiators securing an offer which they felt could be put to union members with a 'reasonable expectation' of it being acceptable.
All industrial action has been suspended from midnight tonight while the latest offer from the company is put to the union's members in NXEA in a ballot.
ASLEF general secretary, Keith Norman, said: "We have hammered out an amicable timetable for the resolution of the industrial relations difficulties which have divided us.
"I also feel that we have secured reasonable pay increases given the general economic climate and the financial position of NXEA."
Mr Chivers said: "We're pleased to be able to advise our customers that the industrial action by the ASLEF union has been suspended.
- 1 Arsonist firebombed GP surgery after doctors refused to give him heroin
- 2 e-comics and creative writing help from Essex libraries
- 3 Saffron Walden girls enjoy first festival outing
- 4 Free lunch, free fun and circus for Queen's Platinum Jubilee
- 5 Hidden secrets, free medals, live jazz for Platinum Jubilee
- 6 Sue Gray report finds lockdown party behaviour was 'unacceptable'
- 7 Tesco recalls pastry product over risks to people with nut allergies
- 8 Red, white and blue: Royal theme for Saffron Walden windows
- 9 'Cat bite could have killed me': Many operations for rescuer
- 10 Police find body in search for missing 71-year-old Raymond
"We will endeavour to run the best service possible tomorrow, though there may be some residual delays and alterations to services as we restore the normal service.
"We would like to thank our customers for their patience during the industrial action."
For timetable information visit www.nationalexpresseastanglia.com.