National Express East Anglia train strikes suspended after an agreement is reached
STRIKE action across the National Express East Anglia (NXEA) train network has been suspended after the company reached an agreement with the ASLEF union today (Thursday).Early morning talks with NXEA managing director, Andrew Chivers led to union negoti
STRIKE action across the National Express East Anglia (NXEA) train network has been suspended after the company reached an agreement with the ASLEF union today (Thursday).
Early morning talks with NXEA managing director, Andrew Chivers led to union negotiators securing an offer which they felt could be put to union members with a 'reasonable expectation' of it being acceptable.
All industrial action has been suspended from midnight tonight while the latest offer from the company is put to the union's members in NXEA in a ballot.
ASLEF general secretary, Keith Norman, said: "We have hammered out an amicable timetable for the resolution of the industrial relations difficulties which have divided us.
You may also want to watch:
"I also feel that we have secured reasonable pay increases given the general economic climate and the financial position of NXEA."
Mr Chivers said: "We're pleased to be able to advise our customers that the industrial action by the ASLEF union has been suspended.
- 1 Creamfields announces new electronic music festival for Chelmsford, Essex, in 2022
- 2 Affinity Water to resume water softening in Saffron Walden
- 3 Venue change for Ibiza Anthems Garden Party to Saffron Walden
- 4 Ipswich man charged in connection with Cheshunt rail incident
- 5 Essex village celebrates 1,000 years of memories with new archive
- 6 Updates after person hit by train near Cambridge
- 7 Saffron Walden Motor Show set for 2021 return
- 8 Person dies after being struck by train in Cambridge
- 9 Beth Shriever talks Tokyo: 'I'm proof that you can make it'
- 10 Essex BMX star wins Olympic gold
"We will endeavour to run the best service possible tomorrow, though there may be some residual delays and alterations to services as we restore the normal service.
"We would like to thank our customers for their patience during the industrial action."
For timetable information visit www.nationalexpresseastanglia.com.