NATS: Let the farce be with you!
A THEATRE society is hoping to pack out Newport Village Hall for three nights next week with their performance of a comedy farce. Newport Amateur Theatrical Society s production of Will you still love me in the morning? hits the stage on Wednesday Septe
A THEATRE society is hoping to pack out Newport Village Hall for three nights next week with their performance of a comedy farce.
Newport Amateur Theatrical Society's production of 'Will you still love me in the morning?' hits the stage on Wednesday September 16, Friday September 18 and Saturday September 19.
Actress Lindsay Millington said: "We have been rehearsing since May and it's been going really well - everyone is really looking forward to performing it to an audience.
"The play is a typical bedroom farce with mixed up couples and should be a lot of fun. We performed a farce last year and it went down very well, so hopefully this year will be just as successful."
You may also want to watch:
Now in their 11th year, the society performs an annual pantomime and, for the last six years, a summer play which has been going from strength to strength.
The audience are seated at tables and there is a licensed bar selling beer and wine as well as nibbles. The play is directed by Sue Tomalin and will start at 7.30pm each evening.
- 1 Uttlesford faces 'house building assault', says leader
- 2 In pictures: Fun raises community support cash
- 3 Ipswich man to face trial for Braintree car theft and Cheshunt rail incident
- 4 Venue change for Ibiza Anthems Garden Party to Saffron Walden
- 5 Creamfields announces new electronic music festival for Chelmsford, Essex, in 2022
- 6 Shooting star: Coward-Holley's road to Tokyo 2020
- 7 Saffron Walden Motor Show set for 2021 return
- 8 Revealed: UDC considers almost 300 possible new development sites
- 9 EA Festival debut: New festival quenches region's 'thirst for culture'
- 10 It's A Very British Murder with TV historian Lucy Worsley at Cambridge Arts Theatre
Tickets cost �6 for adults and �5 for concessions and are available form Saffron Walden Tourist Information Centre on the Market Square, Newport Village Stores and Newport Post Office.