NATS: Let the farce be with you!
A THEATRE society is hoping to pack out Newport Village Hall for three nights next week with their performance of a comedy farce. Newport Amateur Theatrical Society s production of Will you still love me in the morning? hits the stage on Wednesday Septe
A THEATRE society is hoping to pack out Newport Village Hall for three nights next week with their performance of a comedy farce.
Newport Amateur Theatrical Society's production of 'Will you still love me in the morning?' hits the stage on Wednesday September 16, Friday September 18 and Saturday September 19.
Actress Lindsay Millington said: "We have been rehearsing since May and it's been going really well - everyone is really looking forward to performing it to an audience.
"The play is a typical bedroom farce with mixed up couples and should be a lot of fun. We performed a farce last year and it went down very well, so hopefully this year will be just as successful."
You may also want to watch:
Now in their 11th year, the society performs an annual pantomime and, for the last six years, a summer play which has been going from strength to strength.
The audience are seated at tables and there is a licensed bar selling beer and wine as well as nibbles. The play is directed by Sue Tomalin and will start at 7.30pm each evening.
- 1 More than 600 want reopening of North Hall Road after nine months
- 2 Boy George and Culture Club announce Audley End concert
- 3 Walden spruced up ahead of lockdown easing
- 4 Consultation launched ahead of Golden Acre Play Area upgrade
- 5 Residents and business owners celebrate April 12 reopenings
- 6 Town council challenges water softening decision
- 7 Saffron Walden Musical Theatre Company announces musicals
- 8 Walden market traders react to lockdown lifting
- 9 Several trees cut down without permission from Saffron Walden garden
- 10 Homes plan could join Saffron Walden and Sewards End
Tickets cost �6 for adults and �5 for concessions and are available form Saffron Walden Tourist Information Centre on the Market Square, Newport Village Stores and Newport Post Office.