NATS update: All airports in England will remain closed until 1am on Saturday due to volcanic ash
ALL Airports in England, including Stansted, Heathrow and Gatwick, will remain closed until 1am tomorrow (Saturday), National Air Traffic Services (NATS) has said. A NATS spokesman said: The cloud of volcanic ash continues to cover much of the UK and the
ALL Airports in England, including Stansted, Heathrow and Gatwick, will remain closed until 1am tomorrow (Saturday), National Air Traffic Services (NATS) has said.
A NATS spokesman said: "The cloud of volcanic ash continues to cover much of the UK and the eruption in Iceland continues.
"Following a review of the latest Met Office information, NATS advises that restrictions preventing flights in English controlled airspace will remain in place until 0100 (UK time) tomorrow, Saturday 17 April, at the earliest.
"Flights in Northern Ireland and the Western Isles of Scotland to and from Glasgow and Prestwick will continue to be allowed until 1900 (UK time) subject to individual co-ordination. North Atlantic traffic to and from Glasgow, Prestwick and Belfast may also be allowed in this period.
"From 1900 (UK time), forecasts indicate that Scottish airspace may be able to accept domestic flights within Scotland and Northern/Southern Ireland, and North Atlantic flights to/from airports in Scotland and Northern Ireland.
"We will review further Met Office information and at 1430 (UK time) we will advise further arrangements. In general, the situation is dynamic and subject to change.
- 1 Essex report into Covid deaths and residents with learning disabilities
- 2 Fire safety measures approved for Harlow council homes
- 3 Family tribute to much-loved mum and grandma who died during Thaxted fire
- 4 District council: Free car parking between Christmas and January 3
- 5 Thaxted businesses meet Kemi Badenoch MP to talk about Small Business Saturday
- 6 More jab capacity planned in North Uttlesford as Omicron variant appears
- 7 'Many questions' claim as Uttlesford leader John Lodge announces resignation
- 8 Christmas in Essex: 9 magical places to visit in winter
- 9 Stansted's Mountfitchet House has 'bush tucker trials'
- 10 Person has died on railway tracks near Newport, say police
"We continue to work closely with airports, airlines, and the rest of Europe to understand and mitigate the implications of the volcanic eruption.