NBA holds successful recruitment fair
JOBSEEKERS honed their CVs and boosted their confidence at a recruitment fair organised by the Newport Business Association (NBA). School leavers, back-to-work mums and people who have been made redundant attended the event held at the Coach and Horses pu
JOBSEEKERS honed their CVs and boosted their confidence at a recruitment fair organised by the Newport Business Association (NBA).
School leavers, back-to-work mums and people who have been made redundant attended the event held at the Coach and Horses pub, Newport.
Founder of the NBA Jeremy Rose said: "It was a huge success with people being able to talk about their work-related issues in a relaxed atmosphere.
"At least three people got jobs off the back of the fair and I'm sure it will lead to more.
You may also want to watch:
Mr Rose opened the event at 9am with a short introductory speech before attendees broke out into a series of workshops on topics ranging from how to write an effective CV and introductory letter to how to brush up your office skills and getting to grips with the latest software.
School leaver Ben Spraget, 17, from Newport, who is hoping to pursue a career in the media said: "The event has made me much more aware of the interview process and I am confident now as to what employers are looking for and what sort of questions they might throw at me."
- 1 Sam Smith to headline charity festival fundraising to fight food poverty
- 2 Families take part in Gain the Miles challenge
- 3 Stop Stansted Expansion accused of leading council 'over the cliff'
- 4 Care home residents and staff receive Covid-19 vaccine
- 5 Two Covid swab kit sites open in Uttlesford
- 6 Historic structures on Uttlesford heritage list
- 7 Laptops, iPads and Chromebooks being sent to let children learn remotely
- 8 Covid vaccinations given at the Lord Butler
- 9 Man dies in 'unexplained' house fire
- 10 Anti flooding solutions being created for outside Newport
Elisabet Aloi, 24, from Elsenham, who was made redundant from her job as a clerk with Fedex one month ago said: "I get quite nervous in interview situations, so the tips and techniques for dealing with this really helped. I'm trying to keep my options open at the moment, and after speaking with Business Link, I'm now even considering setting up my own company."
The next NBA recruitment fare will be held in March 2010. Contact Mr Rose on 01799 541114 for further details.