NBA holds successful recruitment fair
JOBSEEKERS honed their CVs and boosted their confidence at a recruitment fair organised by the Newport Business Association (NBA). School leavers, back-to-work mums and people who have been made redundant attended the event held at the Coach and Horses pu
JOBSEEKERS honed their CVs and boosted their confidence at a recruitment fair organised by the Newport Business Association (NBA).
School leavers, back-to-work mums and people who have been made redundant attended the event held at the Coach and Horses pub, Newport.
Founder of the NBA Jeremy Rose said: "It was a huge success with people being able to talk about their work-related issues in a relaxed atmosphere.
"At least three people got jobs off the back of the fair and I'm sure it will lead to more.
Mr Rose opened the event at 9am with a short introductory speech before attendees broke out into a series of workshops on topics ranging from how to write an effective CV and introductory letter to how to brush up your office skills and getting to grips with the latest software.
School leaver Ben Spraget, 17, from Newport, who is hoping to pursue a career in the media said: "The event has made me much more aware of the interview process and I am confident now as to what employers are looking for and what sort of questions they might throw at me."
- 1 Tea party celebrates Saffron Walden Museum volunteers
- 2 Uttlesford Local Plan delay 'necessary' say councillors
- 3 Debden man fundraising for Mind with 480km walk
- 4 Teen arrested for 'terrorism offences' at Stansted Airport
- 5 Dane's 10 day walk home with only a backpack
- 6 Junior Fencer from Saffron Walden wins silver at England Championship
- 7 The Railway Arms awarded CAMRA county pub of the year
- 8 Saffron Walden draw positives at Witham
- 9 Can you complete the Census 2021 map game?
- 10 How well do you know the Gibson Library?
Elisabet Aloi, 24, from Elsenham, who was made redundant from her job as a clerk with Fedex one month ago said: "I get quite nervous in interview situations, so the tips and techniques for dealing with this really helped. I'm trying to keep my options open at the moment, and after speaking with Business Link, I'm now even considering setting up my own company."
The next NBA recruitment fare will be held in March 2010. Contact Mr Rose on 01799 541114 for further details.