NCTJ training initiative for Newport businesses
BUSINESSES are being offered the chance to boost their skills thanks to introductory workshops delivered by the National Council for the Training of Journalists (NCTJ).
The nationwide training body, which is based in Newport, is to run two special workshops for members of the Newport Business Association (NBA) on Friday July 13. Each workshop will run for two hours and be held at the NCTJ offices in Station Road.
The morning workshop will provide an introduction to press and PR skills while the afternoon will provide an introduction to writing for the web. Both are designed to help organisations promote themselves more effectively and to expand and develop their business. They will be delivered by a highly experienced former newspaper editor, broadcaster and commentator.
NBA founder Jeremy Rose said: “This is just what companies need. Businesses need an edge to get their products or services noticed, and understanding what, when and how media companies need the information, to get the right publicity, can make the difference of being noticed, or not, by media editors.”
Emma Hart, NCTJ marketing and communications manager, added: “We are delighted to be able to use our expertise and experience to help businesses in this way.”
You may also want to watch:
The workshops are being run at a discounted price of �55 and places are limited. A booking form is available on the NCTJ website (nctj.com) or via the NBA at newportbusinessassociation.co.uk or by calling 01799 541114.
- 1 Walden's new healthcare hub taking shape - as doctors surgery goes on market for £1.4m
- 2 Uttlesford's shops still suffer from low footfall, Google data shows
- 3 Dunmow and Stansted councillors not in new Essex County Council cabinet
- 4 Delight as books are donated to school's learning centre
- 5 New on-call firefighters have joined stations
- 6 Walden church open and taking part in Thy Kingdom Come
- 7 First day at school after beating Covid-19 while being treated for cancer
- 8 Saffron Walden shakeup in county council elections
- 9 Neighbourhood Plan Referendum results
- 10 Market Square event organisers "amazed" at popularity of dine-out event
National Council for the Training of Journalists
The New Granary, Station Road, Newport, Essex CB11 3PL
Newport Business Association
The Office, Brown House, The High Street, Newport, Essex CB11 3QY