Need help organising a charity event? Call The Diamonds
A GROUP of women are offering their “expertise and experience” at charitable events in the area.
The Diamonds is made up of 11 ilke-minded women, many of whom were in the Ladies Circle, with a wide range of skills and know-how in organising and running charity events.
They will be hosting their own fundraising events throughout the year and members and offer to help out charities organisation needing assistance at events, such as stewarding or running a bar.
Sharon Willis, one of the founders, said: “The Ladies Circle has an age limit of 45, but we have got a close bond and we did not want to stop. We’ve also got a lot of expertise and don’t want that to go to waste.
“So we decided to set up a new social group. As well as meeting to have a bit of fun, we offer our time and the experience we’ve gathered over the years in providing fundraising events.”
Current and future commitments for the group include assisting the Volunteer Bureau with fundraising and the Saffron Walden Arts Festival in June.
The Diamonds meet on the first Thursday of every month at the Eight Bells in Bridge Street. Anyone aged 45 and over who wants to have fun, socialise, make new friendships and fundraise, can join. The group is also eager to hear from anyone who needs any assistance in putting on a charity event. Contact either Sharon Willis on 07866 148703 or Claire Croft on 07929 720432.
- 1 Have your say on plan to build 233 homes in Saffron Walden
- 2 Stage times for Simple Minds' Heritage Live concert at Audley End House & Gardens
- 3 Sir Tom Jones stage times for Heritage Live concert at Audley End House & Gardens
- 4 Elbow stage times for Heritage Live concert at Audley End House & Gardens
- 5 20 Ukrainian medical students begin placements at Addenbrooke’s
- 6 Uttlesford District Council to take part in energy rebate scheme
- 7 'Risk of injury' - Aldi recalls product due to safety fears
- 8 Walden Bikers break fundraising record at eighth birthday gathering
- 9 Alice in Wonderland cast announced for Bridge End Gardens performances in Saffron Walden
- 10 Vegetables and flowers on display at Clavering Horticultural Society show
• The Diamonds are hosting a race night on May 10 at the United Reformed Church in Abbey Lane. The event is in aid of Look Good Feel Better, a charity offering hair and beauty advice and workshops for women undergoing cancer treatment. Tickets are �7, contact Sharon or Clare.