Need help organising a charity event? Call The Diamonds
A GROUP of women are offering their “expertise and experience” at charitable events in the area.
The Diamonds is made up of 11 ilke-minded women, many of whom were in the Ladies Circle, with a wide range of skills and know-how in organising and running charity events.
They will be hosting their own fundraising events throughout the year and members and offer to help out charities organisation needing assistance at events, such as stewarding or running a bar.
Sharon Willis, one of the founders, said: “The Ladies Circle has an age limit of 45, but we have got a close bond and we did not want to stop. We’ve also got a lot of expertise and don’t want that to go to waste.
“So we decided to set up a new social group. As well as meeting to have a bit of fun, we offer our time and the experience we’ve gathered over the years in providing fundraising events.”
You may also want to watch:
Current and future commitments for the group include assisting the Volunteer Bureau with fundraising and the Saffron Walden Arts Festival in June.
The Diamonds meet on the first Thursday of every month at the Eight Bells in Bridge Street. Anyone aged 45 and over who wants to have fun, socialise, make new friendships and fundraise, can join. The group is also eager to hear from anyone who needs any assistance in putting on a charity event. Contact either Sharon Willis on 07866 148703 or Claire Croft on 07929 720432.
- 1 Tools collection is a huge success
- 2 Revealed: images of new hospital that aims to be carbon neutral
- 3 Hotel on Duxford IWM site given go-ahead after council re-vote
- 4 A Big Deal for Fairycroft House as comedy club makes comeback
- 5 Ibiza legend Dave Pearce and Clockwork Orange Andy Manston at garden party
- 6 Fête de la Musique returns to Walden - with nine music venues
- 7 Motorcyclist in hospital after Broxted collision
- 8 Saffron Walden constituency could change shape in boundary review
- 9 New development plan for former Friends' School
- 10 Council leader continues fight against Stansted expansion
• The Diamonds are hosting a race night on May 10 at the United Reformed Church in Abbey Lane. The event is in aid of Look Good Feel Better, a charity offering hair and beauty advice and workshops for women undergoing cancer treatment. Tickets are �7, contact Sharon or Clare.