Neighbourhood Watch to host an information evening in Saffron Walden
UTTLESFORD Neighbourhood Watch is to run another information evening.
Organised and hosted by the Saffron Walden branch, it will be held at the town hall on Thursday October 27.
Intruder alarm company, Saffron Security, will be discussing the use of burglar alarms and CCTV, and local magistrate Alan Johnson will be giving an insight into the workings of the criminal justice system.
Peter Caulfield, crime reduction advisor for the district, said that the evening “promises to be very interesting”.
“There are still some people who resist having a burglar alarm because there is a perception that they can be more trouble than they are worth,” he said.
You may also want to watch:
“With modern systems, this is definitely not true, and I hope that by demystifying the issue, we will encourage more people to consider installing one.”
Saffron Walden NhW chairman Alan Cumbers said: “Most people have expectations of the judicial system, and often they are unrealistic. Alan will be explaining how things work and what magistrates can and can’t do.
- 1 Creamfields announces new electronic music festival for Chelmsford, Essex, in 2022
- 2 Affinity Water to resume water softening in Saffron Walden
- 3 Venue change for Ibiza Anthems Garden Party to Saffron Walden
- 4 Ipswich man charged in connection with Cheshunt rail incident
- 5 Essex village celebrates 1,000 years of memories with new archive
- 6 Saffron Walden Motor Show set for 2021 return
- 7 Updates after person hit by train near Cambridge
- 8 Beth Shriever talks Tokyo: 'I'm proof that you can make it'
- 9 Person dies after being struck by train in Cambridge
- 10 Essex BMX star wins Olympic gold
“We often hear about court results that seem ridiculous, but when you understand how everything works, it makes a lot more sense.”
The event is free and starts at 7.30pm. Everyone is welcome, whether or not they are members of Neighbourhood Watch.