New A* grade popular with Bishop’s Stortford A-Level students
BISHOP’S Stortford College celebrated an outstanding performance with 20 per cent of A-Level examinations being awarded the new A* grade.
56.3 per cent of students secured either an A* or A and 83 per cent gained A*, A or B grades. 95 per cent of students were awarded A* to C and the total pass rate was 99.7 per cent.
Headmaster John Trotman said: “There has been a great deal of speculation about the new A* grade, with likely national average of 8 per cent being quoted, with 16 per cent for independent schools.
“It is excellent to see our top performers succeeding at this level. As pleasing, though, are the numbers of other students who exceeded expectations, albeit with less spectacular grades.”
One the top performers was Charlotte Whalley from Saffron Walden who gained one A* and three A grades. Charlotte will continue her education at Bath University studying physics.
You may also want to watch:
Top performers were: Paul Bramley from Bishop’s Stortford (4 A*), Oliver Roberts from Much Hadham (4 A*), Katie Rowley from Bishop’s Stortford (4 A*), Sin�ad Lynch from Bishop’s Stortford (3 A* and 2 A), Jessica Sinclair from Bishop’s Stortford (3 A* and 1A), Tom Emmett from Bishop’s Stortford (3 A* and 1 A and 1 A at AS), Emily Tattersall from Bishop’s Stortford (3 A* and 1A), Charlotte Aitchison from Bishop’s Stortford (3 A*), Stephanie Thorpe from Bishop’s Stortford (3 A*), Charlotte Green from Hunsdon (3A*), Sharon Huang from China (3 A* and 2 A), Jeany Jaio from China (3 A* and 1 B), Aldrin Yau from Hong Kong (2 A* and 3 A), Hannah Witchalls from Bishop’s Stortford (2 A* and 2 A), Robert MacIntosh from Ware (2 A* and 2 A and 1 A at AS), Laura MacFarlane from Buntingford (2 A* and 2 A), Sharon Ho from Hong Kong (2 A* and 1 A and 2 B) Grace Stubbs from Hatfield Heath (2 A* and 1 A), Charlotte Whalley from Saffron Walden (1 A* and 3 A), Daisy Armstrong-Brown from Stanstead Abbotts (2 A* and 1 A), Rebekah Cranch from Little Hallingbury (2 A* and 1 A), and Sam McLaren from Fyfield (2 A* and 1 A), Luke Cullum from Sawbridgeworth (4 A and 1 A at AS), Derek Fu from Hong Kong (3 A, 2 B), Vin Ng from Hong Kong (3 A, 1 B and 1 C).
- 1 Mencap 'thank you' for Dig It community allotment
- 2 Reporter wins award for Uttlesford news articles
- 3 New cup and pavilion are dedicated to memory of Colin Bazley
- 4 Kemi Badenoch MP secures new brief in September reshuffle
- 5 Cambridge Music Festival returns with 30th anniversary programme of concerts and online offerings
- 6 'Don't replace our pub garden with housing', say Newport campaigners
- 7 National award and recognition for work of a laughter specialist
- 8 Purse stolen from shopper's bag in Aldi supermarket, Walden
- 9 Delight as triathlon returns to Saffron Walden for 20th edition
- 10 Eco Market celebrates Essex's eco businesses on Great Big Green Week