New airline for new Stansted owners
JUST one month after taking ownership of Stansted Airport, new owners Manchester Airports Group has attracted its first new airline.
National carrier Air Moldova will move its UK flight operations from Gatwick to Stansted at the end of April, it was announced today (April 2).
Air Moldova flights will commence April 29 and operate direct to Chisinau International Airport twice a week (Friday and Monday) connecting passengers to the heart of the Moldovian Capital.
Welcoming the announcement Stansted Airport’s managing director, Andrew Harrison said: “When MAG took ownership of Stansted Airport at the end of February we set out ambitious plans to attract new airlines and grow the range of destinations; so I’m delighted that Air Moldova is the first new airline to move their services to Stansted.
“Stansted has fantastic facilities and great on time performance. To build on this record, we have significant investment plans - including £40million to upgrade the terminal and security areas - to transform the experience for our passengers and make the airport more attractive to airlines looking to move into or expand in London.
You may also want to watch:
“This is a very welcome and early stage in our long-term objectives to grow Stansted. We look forward to welcoming Air Moldova and their passengers to Stansted at the end of April.”
For further information and flight reservations, visit airmoldova.md
- 1 Market Square event organisers "amazed" at popularity of dine-out event
- 2 Wiseman dynasty gets new star as 15-year-old Max hits first senior ton
- 3 New mayor, deputy mayor and leader appointed for town council
- 4 Standing for election for a seat on Essex County Council on May 6, 2021
- 5 Here's what you can do from May 17 as Covid restrictions ease
- 6 Walden teddy bear shop to relocate to new venue
- 7 Stick to the paths while bluebells bloom, says Essex Wildlife Trust
- 8 Ex-prison governor on writing, retirement and baking at Angela Reed
- 9 Front garden VE Day display planned in Great Chesterford
- 10 Deadline week for Stansted planners amid latest appeal