New airline for new Stansted owners
JUST one month after taking ownership of Stansted Airport, new owners Manchester Airports Group has attracted its first new airline.
National carrier Air Moldova will move its UK flight operations from Gatwick to Stansted at the end of April, it was announced today (April 2).
Air Moldova flights will commence April 29 and operate direct to Chisinau International Airport twice a week (Friday and Monday) connecting passengers to the heart of the Moldovian Capital.
Welcoming the announcement Stansted Airport’s managing director, Andrew Harrison said: “When MAG took ownership of Stansted Airport at the end of February we set out ambitious plans to attract new airlines and grow the range of destinations; so I’m delighted that Air Moldova is the first new airline to move their services to Stansted.
“Stansted has fantastic facilities and great on time performance. To build on this record, we have significant investment plans - including £40million to upgrade the terminal and security areas - to transform the experience for our passengers and make the airport more attractive to airlines looking to move into or expand in London.
You may also want to watch:
“This is a very welcome and early stage in our long-term objectives to grow Stansted. We look forward to welcoming Air Moldova and their passengers to Stansted at the end of April.”
For further information and flight reservations, visit airmoldova.md
- 1 In pictures: Saffron Walden's weekend of flooding
- 2 Cambridge Country Show promises 'something for everybody'
- 3 Updates after person hit by train near Cambridge
- 4 Standon Calling called off after heavy rain and lightning risk
- 5 Venue change for Ibiza Anthems Garden Party to Saffron Walden
- 6 Disabled resident compensated after Uttlesford council 'fault'
- 7 Person dies after being struck by train in Cambridge
- 8 Saffron Striders' Mark Coutts runs from Paddington to Bristol instead of letting the train take the strain
- 9 Roman ceramics and ancient road discovered in big archaeological dig
- 10 In pictures: Uttlesford pupils' fun before the summer holidays